Chapter twenty

-TAYLOR-

"Careful! Be careful." My mother and father scolded as I slowly made my way through the front door. But it didn't bother me, it actually made me smile. It was out of love and worry and it made my heart swell.

"I'm okay I promise, it doesn't even hurt that much." I groaned as Luke held my hand and guided me up the stairs, my parents tailing closely behind.

"You can't tell me that your broken rib doesn't hurt." My mother chided and I giggled to myself, looking up to make eye contact with my boyfriend.

"It's not the first time..." I whispered and Luke grinned as he heard me, remembering all of the fights I'd get into while my mother proceeded to rant.

"I mean your wrist just needs to be in a brace for a short while and then you can wrap it, and other that the cuts and bruises you got off lucky. Thankfully no other serious damage happened." She finished with a sigh and I smiled. I missed her incessant ranting, it's been years since I had heard it and now instead of making me annoyed it just made me smile.

"I'm going to put these bags down and then me and your mother will make you something to eat!" My dad shouted as he hurriedly dropped his things in his room and rushed down stairs.

"Careful babe, you could rip your stitches." He warned me as his fingers brushed lightly over my upper arm where the glass had cut me.

"I'm fine Luke. I don't even know how I could rip them there from sitting down, it's not like I'm rubbing myself against the bed frame." I playfully rolled my eyes and he smiled, shaking his head in response.

"I love that even when  you're clearly in pain you still find ways to make yourself laugh." He says sincerely and I smiled softly.

"Well I am thankful for one thing." I stated and he raised his eyebrows in question of what that was. "I don't have to go to school for a few days." I proudly complied with a grin and he smirked back at me.

"Neither do I. I'm your official babysitter while your parents finish up business in London." He told me as he sat in front of me and I smiled in reply.

"I can't believe they're coming back. I mean I know they'll have to leave sometimes but still." I whispered with a smile and his face softened before he kissed my forehead comfortingly.

"They were upset, and they were scared. But they're more scared of losing you too Taylor." He told me seriously and a tear slipped down my face before wiped it away and I let out a soft laugh.

"When is your mom coming back?" I asked, needing a change of subject so I wouldn't cry.

"I talked to her last night and she said that she would probably be back in a few weeks, my aunt is doing a lot better." He spoke happily and I smiled slightly.

"That's good." I replied before letting out a sigh. "I missed Mia's party." I pouted and he grinned.

"Yes, which is why me and you will be taking her out for ice cream next week." He informed me and a wide smile graced my lips before I basically attacked, landing on top of him and placing a kiss on his lips. Ignoring the pain pulsing through my body as he kissed me back softly.

*******
I woke up to a knock on the door and groaned realizing that neither my parents or Luke were home.

Another knock echoed through the house before the doorbell was rung twice. 'Impatient much?' I thought to myself with a sigh as I threw my covers off and adjusted Luke's shirt, not really caring how presentable I looked to open the door

"God damnit what!" I shouted as I swung the door open, annoyance filling my body as I saw who was on the other side of the door.

"So I hear your parents don't hate you anymore?" She said casually as she walked inside, glancing around the house as I shut the door behind her. "Oh and that car accident. Boy you have some bad luck." She said with a conniving laugh as she turned back around to face me.

"Jamie. Why the fuck are you in my house?" I coldly and calmly asked, knowing that even if I did win a fight against her, that I was in no fighting shape.

"Oh just visiting." She answered with a smile and she wandered around the foyer, looking at pictures that were hung on the walls or sat in the stands. "Oh cute! Look there's one of You, Lia, and Alex!" She exclaimed, running her fingers over the picture.

I stormed over the her and harshly sat the picture face down, somehow not breaking the glass.

"Get out of my house." I spat, following her into the kitchen but before she could respond the door opened and multiple voices filled the room we had just left.

"So are you here for study or did your parents move here?" I heard my mother ask, who I can only assume to be Austin.

"My sister and I moved out here actually." I heard the familiar British voice fill my house as they came closer.

I looked to Jamie and saw her grinning before the kitchen door was pushed open and everyone grew silent.

"What's the hold up?" I heard Luke ask as he pushed through Austin and my mother, his jaw clenching as he stared intently at Jamie who simply waved at him in response.

"Why are you here."

He didn't ask. No, he demanded an answer.

"Oh well I have a get well soon card for Taylor here," She answers innocently. "I heard about the accident." She finishes with a whisper, holding her hand up to her mouth as if to shield me from remembering.

"Well gee thanks. That's not appreciated. But you can leave it as you're walking out the door." He replied with a glare and a threatening grin.

"Happily." She said back with a tight smile before pushing through the door way and exiting, slamming the door behind her.

Three pairs of questioning eyes turned towards me and I shrugged.

"So where's dad?" I asked absent mindedly as I grabbed a water bottle and walked to the foyer to see if she actually left the card, which indeed she did. I simply grabbed it before heading up to my room to get ready.

"Hey mom I'm going out for a while! If you and Dad want to do dinner let me know!" I shouted back down the stairs before closing my door. Which really was useless because a second later it was open and two boys were standing in my doorway.

"Don't try to argue with me Luke. You either Austin. I'm going to see Ally before she heads out of town, you can tag along if you'd like." I state strongly as I head into my closet, grabbing a pair of blue shorts and a light gray chunky knit sweater. I threw them on quickly, struggling with the top for a second before finally stepping out of my closet to see both boys sitting on my bed.

"Tie my shoes" I demanded with a grin after slipping on my converse and plopping onto the bed. They looked at me incredulously before sighing in defeat and each tying one shoe. "Thank you!" I chimed happily getting a laugh from Luke and an eye from Austin.

"Oh Liam's coming too, you'll finally get to meet him Austin." I told him as I grabbed my keys and tossed them to Luke before throwing my small black leather backpack onto my back.

"Alright well lets go"

////////
A/N
Hey guys, sorry it's been like a week or so but I will try to update by the end of this week again. My last day and final are tomorrow so wish me luck!
Also, this chapter isn't too exciting but things will be picking up. Promise!
Xoxo, later babes💋❤️