e i g h t e e n

Chapter 18: Bad News

Chanyeol

"Thanks." She replied me and walked away. I sighed. I guess, they both are still together huh. Never mind, Park Chanyeol. I'm in the wrong, I am the one that came back late. I can't expect her to wait for me this long.

After the wedding, I went back to the company and settled some stuff. My secretary rushed to me, "Little Mr Park!" He beamed. "Yes, Secretary Lim?" I said and settled down on my seat.

"I found the 2 person you were looking for, and I got their address too! But.. Unfortunately, there is a bad news along." He sighed. "What is it!?" I shouted at him, panickily wanting a reply.

-

Eunbyul

"Did anything happened?" Kyungsoo asked as we were traveling back home with Junho sleeping on my lap. "Nothing unusual happened. Just.. I don't know. I think he is doing fine." I replied him but sighed.

"Why sigh? He is the one you have been waiting for day and night these 3 weeks. Aren't you happy to see him again?" He asked. "Well, technically, I'm really happy. But, you know what? He thought that both of us are still dating. And, he even wish us happiness." I sighed, this time tears dripped from my eye.

"I mean, he didn't like the idea that me and you were together from the scratch. But, he is now wishing us happiness. So doesn't that means that he don't care anymore?" I took a deep breath and wipped my tears away.

"No, Eunbyul ah. Did you tell him that we broke up? Maybe he thought that he don't have chances anymore. And that might be the reason why he actually congrats us." He explained and stopped the car at the parking-load of the appartment.

"I don't know about that." I replied. He got down the car and opened my door, "You know, maybe you should ask him out again." He wiped my tears away gently and give me a assuring smile.

"I'll think about it.." I said and smile back at him while he nodded. He then gently carry Junho and piggy-back him.

-

I stared at my phone, wondering if I should call him. But what if, after I told him that me and Kyungsoo are not together anymore ane he still doesn't get what I meant? What if, he thinks that I'm the one who is being undecisive? What if, he already found his happiness but, I'm disrupting him?

I sighed for the nth time.

Just as I was about to keep my phone, I received a call from him. After hesitating for awhile, I decided that I should pick up.

"Hello?" He started.

"Hello." I cleared my throat.

"Eunbyul, there is something important I need to tell you. Can we meet up?" He asked, his tone was dead serious.

"M-meet up? E-erm, s-sure." I stuttered but cleared my throat again. Shit, I shouldn't show him I'm nervous.

"Okay then. Let's meet at your pastry shop in an hour time."

"Alright." I replied him and hang up.

I took a deep breath in front of the mirror, "Okay, Song Eunbyul. You're gonna be cool when you see him and tell him that you broke up with Kyungsoo, okay?" I mumbled to myself and left the house after telling Kyungsoo.

-

Chanyeol

I took a deep breath and wonder how should I break this news to her. I sighed and started to drive to her pastry shop, New York's Pastry.

When I reached the shop, she is already in the shop, packing all the pastry in the box and handing it to the customer.

"Thank-you and please come back again." She said cheerfully with a smile.

While doing that, her eyes met mine. She immediately took of her apron and guided me upstairs to the roof. Not much people was up there so it was relatively quiet.

Coffee was served after a moment of silence by her waitress.

"So.. What do you want to tell me?" She asked. "The thing is, since the day you left me, 2 years ago, I've been searching for them. Your parents." I explained.

Her eye widden after hearing what I said, but she didn't reply me. "I finally found them." I continued. "I bet they in really good life right now, huh? You know where they are?" She asked, her eye filled with tears.

"In Busan. But, there is a bad news." I sighed. "W-what is the bad news?" She started to panic. "Your mother passed away last year. They said it was heart attack." I replied softly.

She gasped and cried. I immediately stood up and sat beside her, pulling her into my embrace. She held onto the sleeve of my shirt.

I don't know what to say to comfort her. But, seeing her cry make me wanna hug her tightly and never let go.

-

We are travelling in the car now to Busan, hoping to see her father. I look over to her side when the traffic light turned red. She is sleeping soundly now after a huge cry just now.

I know even though she acted like she doesn't care, she still cared a lot. She is worried about them - her facial expressions.

Her face now makes me want to protect her.

And I'm gonna protect her even when she belongs to Kyungsoo.

When we reached Busan, the sky already turned dark. I have decided that we should just both stay at a hotel for a night and find her father tomorrow.

I got off the car, and opened her door. Tapping her shoulders to gently wake her up. She slowly opened her eye, "Are we here already?" I nodded.

"We are in Busan, and I've decided that we will go and find your father tomorrow, since its already late. Let's stay here for a night." I explained.

She nodded and rubbed her eyes like a little girl. She then got out of the car, walked beside me till we reached the lobby of the hotel.

"Hello, Sir and Mdm. May I help you?" The hotel recieptionist asked. "Can I have 2 single rooms?" I asked and was about to take out my card. "Let me check, sir." She started typing and looking at the screen with a serious face.

"I am sorry, sir. There is only 1 room left as our hotel face a high volume of customer this week." She bowed and apologized.

I looked over to Eunbyul and she just nodded casually while staring at me. Why do I feel so awkward?

---

Hiiii! How is this chapter?? >_<

Hahahah, I am trying to finish this book before my school starts! ^^ So, I can focus on another book and my studies! (:

#QOTD: Should I write a book on Demons and delete away the story that is on hiatus, «Wolves' Girl»?

COMMENT VOTE SHARE FOLLOW