Back Around

Marissa's POV
My phone rang, I took it out and saw that it was Dad's number, I debated whether I should answer it or just ignore it. I looked up, everyone was staring at me questioningly, then Demi asked,"What's wrong? Answer it."

I was confused, I didn't want them to find out about dad, but I knew if I didn't answer it, dad would beat me up really bad later. I answered it. "Hello?"I said timidly.

"What the fuck, bitch? Where the fuck are you?" he yelled, Demi heard it, I could tell from her face. She surged forward, ready to grab the phone and yell back at whoever it was. She was so protective, it was adorable. Jessica held her back.

"I'm hanging out with-"

"I don't care who you're with, just get the fuck back home! You heard me? I want you back home this fucking second!" I started to get mad, like what the fuck, he has never been here for me and now he calls and I just have to go there for him immediately like what the fuck?

"No dad, I'm not going back, I have as much right as you do to spend time outside with my friends, especially when you practically don't even care about me. All the time you have you spend outside getting fucking wasted while you own daughter has to look after herself!" I yelled back.

The words he said next broke my heart, it felt like someone tore my heart out and stomped on it,"Your not my daughter, I lost my daughter the day I lost my wife!" I couldn't take it anymore, I threw my phone to the ground, the screen shattered and the pieces of it lay on the floor like the pieces of my shattered heart. I sunk to the ground, sobbing and shaking.

Demi and Jessica ran to my side immediately, they didn't ask what's wrong, they knew, everyone knew, everyone heard everything. I needed to cut, I needed a release and I knew what could bring it. My demons knew too and they started whispering, telling me that I was so worthless, even my dad didn't want me and that I should go kill myself. I shot up, and I tried to run, but Demi held me down, she knew what I was feeling, what I was going to do. 

"Demi, let go." I said, with no emotion in my voice, staring her in the eyes.

Demi's POV

"Demi, let go." Marissa said. She had no emotion in her voice, and she was staring me right in the eyes, giving me her best pleading look. I could feel my defences falling, fast, but I knew I couldn't let go, if I did, she would go cut again. Yet if I didn't, her demons would drive her crazy.

I decided to not let go, yes, it would cause her alot of pain, for now, but it would help her much more in the long run. I hardened my heart and stared her back in the eyes.

"No, Marissa, I won't let go, I know what you're gonna do if I do." I said, forcing myself to ignore all the pain in her eyes.

Marissa's POV

The voices were driving me crazy, Demi wouldn't let go, I couldn't cut, so I did the only thing I knew would help drown out the voices. I screamed, I sunk to my knees, and screamed as loud as I could. Demi winced at the noise but didn't let go, she held me closer, and she sang.

This is a story that I have never told
I gotta get this off my chest to let it go
I need to take back the light inside you stole
You're a criminal
And you steal like you're a pro

All the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I was broken and bruised

Now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

Out of the ashes, I'm burning like a fire
You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar
I've got shame, I've got scars
That I will never show
I'm a survivor
In more ways than you know

Cause all the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I'm not broken or bruised

'Cause now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me

There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once, I'll never be the same
Now I'm taking back my life today
Nothing left that you can say
Cause you were never gonna take the blame anyway

Now I'm a warrior
I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

No oh, yeah, yeah

You can never hurt me again

The more she sang, the softer the voices became and I stopped screaming and just lay in her arms sobbing while she sang to me. She finished Warrior and whispered in my ear,"I will never leave you, babe, I will help you rise like a skyscraper, above everything and become a warrior. Your father doesn't deserve you, you are too smart, too beautiful and too strong to be his daughter."

I smiled and she let go, getting up and pulling me up with her. I wiped my tears with my sleeves and she passed me some tissues."I think we should just call it a day and go back to my house though." she suggested. We all agreed and we got back onto the car. Then I suddenly thought about something.

"Demi, where am I going to go, I have no more place to live, since dad practically disowned me a few minutes ago." I was still stunned, I still couldn't believe I didn't even have a home now.

"Silly, you can move in with me, I have like ten empty bedrooms in my house since I'm the only one living in that huge house."

"No, I wouldn't, I'll just be a burden on you."

"Marissa, how many times do I have to tell you to get this through to you, you will never be a burden to me, I've only known you for like 2 days, but I love you like a sister."

"Still, if I do move in with you, then I will need to buy a whole new set of furniture and all that crap."

"Rissa, stop, I'm not trying to be cocky, but I'm a superstar with tons of money, I think spending a couple of thousands on my sister doesn't really matter."

"I, ugh, okay, you win, I'll move in with you." and Demi did this cute little cheer."But I need to go get some clothes and stuff before moving in."

"Okay, we'll go when your dad is out at "work"." Demi said, making air quotes.

We got back to Demi's house and we were just so tired we went straight to bed. Few hours later, we woke up and Demi cooked, or more accurately, tried to cook pasta but ended up burning it after leaving it to go answer her phone and talk for "a second", note the air quotes. So we decided to just order Chinese.

The food came and we ate together, Demi was watching me like a hawk the whole time and I ate, I actually ate! I struggled through it, my demons screaming at me, telling me to stop, that I was gonna get fat, yet I ignored them, I just kept thinking about Demi's words to me earlier and I fought on. Eventually, I finished it. I looked at Demi and she was giving me the widest grin I've ever seen. I could practically see her huge tonsils.

But it didn't just end after that, I had to prevent myself from running to the toilet and purging all the food up. Demi made us sit down to watch a movie together and didn't allow me to leave her side.

When we went to sleep that night, Demi held me tightly in her arms and whispered in my ear, "I'm so proud of you, Rissa. Good night babe."

The next morning, we woke up to loud banging on the door......

********************************************************************

Hmmmn.....who was it banging on the door?

Anyways, I guess I should be able to update more often now that my exams are over, so yeah, but I won't tell you guys in advance when will I update cause I really don't know, but I will update as often as possible.

Thank you to the people who read this and tell me that they like it, I'm just a 14 year old girl and it means so much to me that anyone would even care to read what I write, let alone like it.

Comment and vote!

Again, thanks a million, guys!

#NoHate