London - Bad news/Good News

Shoutout toPrettyLittleWriter29 Read her new Haleb fan fiction "The Piece You Left Behind". Also, Votes and Comments on the chapters in her story are important.

London, England, UK

*Monday March 27th*

Melissa's POV

Wren and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary on Saturday night. I'm 7 months pregnant and life has been great these past few months. Today is our nephew Liam's 1st birthday. We didn't go out as a family over the weekend so we are going out to celebrate Liam's birthday tonight.I got 2 new jobs a few months ago. One is volunteer and the other one I get paid for my work. I work with at risk teens and young adults. I meet with them at the library where I tutor them and sometimes they get to go on group field trips. A lot of the teens and young adults I work with come from poor familys and some are even living in group homes. My second job that is an actual paying job is at a law firm. I work about 30 hours a week at the law firm and 10 to 20 hours a week volunteering. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to volunteer much once the baby is born. 

I didn't get off of work until 5 PM meaning I had to quickly go home, change out of my work cloths into casual cloths and meet Wren, His brother and sister in law with Liam, and his parents at the restaurant. 

After work I was walking to my car. It was warm and humid for early spring. I looked up at the sky, it was cloudy and you could hear thunder in the distance. I was on my way home and the rain was getting faster. It started to hail, you could hear thunder and see lighting in the distance. I noticed some cars had pulled over because they couldn't see but I kept driving. I was less then mile from the house. I thought to myself that maybe I should have pulled over but I was so close to home now that I decided against it. It was raining and hailing so much that it was hard to see the color of the intersection light. As I was driving through the intersection my car was hit by a truck on the drivers side. The car spun around a few times, possibly even flipped over and then I blacked out.

Wren's POV

Melissa had texted me an hour ago saying she was running home to change and then she would meet us at the restaurant by 545 PM. It was now 6 PM and she hasn't shown up yet. I wasn't worried at this point. I figured our dog Mocha, who is now almost 2 years old didn't want Melissa to leave so quickly after getting home. She is a Border Collie/Labrador  mix after all so she probably wanted Melissa to play with her. Plus it had been thunder storming so maybe Melissa was waiting until the weather cleared up before leaving the house.

About 15 minutes later I got a call from one of my co workers at the hospital. I didn't answer it the first time because I figured they were calling me back into work and if that was the case I wasn't going to go back until after dinner. By the 3rd time I got the call from the same phone number I answered it.

"Hello." I said

"Glad you finally answered your phone." He said

"Look I can't come back into work right now but I can be there later tonight." I said

"That's not why I'm calling. Your wife was in a car accident and she is in surgery now fighting for her life." He said

"I'm on the way to the hospital now. Do you know anything else?" I asked

"No but I may no more by the time you get here." He said

I hung up the phone. I told my family what was going on and that we would have to postpone dinner for another night since we hadn't ordered food or drinks other then water.