Tyler Rivers 7th Birthday

A/N - I am currently in the year 2025 for this story

Sunday, September 21st

Hanna's POV

Summer was over and another school year started a few weeks ago. Our youngest two Darcie and Will haven't started elementary school yet. Darcie goes to daycare and Will is in preschool. Our oldest two kids Tyler and Deylia go to school at Rosewood Elementary school. Tyler is in 2nd grade there and Deylia is in 3rd grade.

For Tylers 7th birthday today, we are going out to lunch as a family.

Caleb: Lunch reservations are for 8 at noon under what name Han?

Hanna: It's for 10 people Caleb and under my name since I made the reservation.

Caleb: No it's 8 Han, remember Kayla and Abby are still in LA. Last I heard she was staying and planning on homeschooling Abby for the year.

Hanna: Since your half-sister and our niece aren't back in Rosewood I invited Mona and Madison to join us for lunch.

Caleb: No Hanna we agreed on a family only lunch.

Hanna: I'm sorry but it's been a year since Mona and Mike's divorce. 

Caleb: What does that have to do with anything?

Hanna: Monas acting kind of depressed. I invited her and Madison so I could make her happy.

Caleb: My dad was very clear on the family only thing.

Hanna: We both grew up with divorced parents Caleb so we know what it's like for Madison and if Mona isn't happy then Madison won't be happy.

Caleb: Fine Han but don't invite anyone else.

Lunch is going great. Caleb's dad was open to having lunch with Mona and Madison even though they aren't technically family. I don't know why Caleb was so worried about it.

Mr. Rivers: Hanna told me a year ago that you were moving to LA but I see you decided to stay in Rosewood.

Mona: I was planning on it and even started packing but then Mike and I got divorced so I had no reason to move anymore.

Ms. Marin: Divorce is hard Mona, especially when raising a kid but you are a strong woman and will get through this.

Hanna: My mom is right plus she told me the first year is always the hardest and then every year from now on will get easier for you.

After lunch, I went with Mona and Madison back to her house. I wanted to spend some time with her before going back home to Caleb and the kids.

Mona: Thanks for the lunch invite Han, I really appreciated it.

Hanna: I'm glad you did. You may be one of my best friends but you are also like family to me.

Mona: Is Caleb's 30th birthday surprise still a go.

Hanna: Yes but remember we are throwing the surprise party a week later so Caleb thinks he's not going to have one.

Mona: My mom is excited to take care of Madison for that night and have her sleepover.

Hanna: Same with my mom and the kids.

Mona: We haven't had a friends only hang out without the kids in it feels like forever.

Hanna: I think last year when we had that girls trip to London.

Mona: Yes I remember that was right after Mike and I had signed divorce papers.

Hanna: You will find love again Mona, if not with Mike then it will be someone else who wins your heart.

Mona: Like who because I don't know anyone single except maybe Mike but for all I know he already moved on from me.

Hanna: I can ask if Caleb knows any guys in their mid to upper 20's at his work who are currently single.

Caleb: Only if you and Caleb would go on a double date with me and whoever Caleb knows.

Hanna: I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem.

After talking with Mona I went home because knowing Caleb he was waiting for me to get home before Tyler opened his birthday gifts.

Caleb: Tyler has been waiting for you to get home so he could open his birthday presents.

Hanna: I'm home now so he doesn't need to wait any longer.

We had gotten Tyler a pokemon guessing game and a Leggo chain reaction kit. My mom gifted Tyler a few books at the 2nd-grade reading level. Caleb's dad bought him a Target gift card and Mona got Tyler a Build a Bear gift card. Gift cards are a nice gift because that way Tyler can pick something out for himself. The kids don't appreciate them yet but I'm sure they will understand gift cards when they are older.

After we put the kids to bed Caleb and I got a chance to talk.

Caleb: Is Mona going to be ok? I know I'm not her best friend like you are but I still care about her.

Hanna: I think so but I told her when she is ready that she should start dating again. She wanted me to ask you if you knew any single guys around her age at work.

Caleb: I might but I don't 100 percent know if they are single or not.

Hanna: I will go thank Mona for the birthday gift and tell her the good news.

Caleb: You really want Mona to date someone new Hanna?

Hanna: I just want her to be happy 

Caleb: I think you just want to be happy that Mona isn't single and alone.

Hanna: When Mona starts dating again we can go on double dates and it would be so cute.

Caleb: I think you are getting yourself over-excited about this Han.

Hanna: Not really because a Haleb and Mona plus who ever she is dating double date would be so much fun.

Caleb: I love you, Han.

Thoughts on this chapter?

The next chapter is going to be set in October Not sure what couple or characters yet so be sure to comment with ideas/suggestions.

Thank you for reading. Voting and commenting would be great as well.

If you have any questions about this story just ask in the comments or in a private message.

Sorry for not updating much anymore but comments would really inspire me to write and post more often.