1st Birthday

A/N - I am currently in the year 2023 for this story 

*Sunday April 23*

*Hanna's POV*

Caleb spent the weekend with Toby at the Cavanaugh fishing Cabin but he was driving back this afternoon. Our youngest son Will 1st birthday is today so hopefully Caleb would be back in time for dinner. It was last minute thing for Caleb because Toby was supposed to go with his dad but Mr. Cavanaugh cancelled on him. 

I drove Deylia, Tyler, and Will to a petting zoo farm about 30 minutes outside of Rosewood. Deylia was such a daddy's girl so this would take her mind off missing Caleb.

Admission to the petting zoo farm was a suggested donation of $3 per person. I ended up donating $20 since the money donated is tax deductible so we get it back next year. Along with the money donated the kids got little cups of food to feed the animals. One had carrots and the other one had grain/straw.

I was careful about what animals Will got close to since he was only a year old. I let him see a lot of the animals but not pet or feed them because I was worried about germs. I let Deylia and Tyler do most of the interacting with the animals. The petting zoo farm had sheep, goats, rabbits, ponies, alpacas, llamas, pigs, and donkeys. We spent almost 2 hours and the kids had a lot of fun but I was tired. 

We got back to the car. Deylia and Tyler wait for me to put Will in his car seat first before getting in the car. I made sure all the kids were in the car with seat belts on and proper child safety seats. I got into my car and went to start it but it wouldn't start. I realized the gas was on empty. I could have sworn that I had more then half a tank this morning but I guess I read it wrong.

There were no gas stations close by and we didn't have roadside assistance so I called Caleb hoping he was back in Rosewood. Caleb's cell phone went to voice mail so I sent a text. "Call me urgent". I waited a few minutes but so far I heard nothing back from him yet.

I decided to call Travis. We spoke on the phone a few times but not recently and I hadn't seen him in 5 years so I had no idea if he would be willing to help me.

"Hi Travis, I know we haven't talked in awhile but I need a really big favor." I said

"You were the one that stopped calling me because of who I was dating." Travis said

"The phone works both ways Travis." I said

"I know but last time we talked you were upset with me." Travis said

"My step sister is a word that I can't say in front of my kids." I said

"Maybe Kate is a bitch to you but she doesn't act that way around me." Travis said

"Are you willing to drive 20 miles west of Rosewood and save me since I seem to have run out of gas?" I asked

"Sure, where exactly are you?" Travis asked

"I'm at this petting zoo farm." I said

"What's the name of the city so I can put it into my GPS?" Travis asked

"I don't know the name but it's that one city were there is nothing but farmland and open fields." I said

"Your lucky I drove through there a few weeks ago so I know where you are." Travis said

It took about 45 minutes for Travis to come rescue me. As he was filling my car with the can of gas he had with him, I noticed the ring on his finger.