Cavanaugh + Kingston NYC vacation

A/N - I am currently in the year 2025 for this story

Wednesday, May 21st

Spencer's POV

Melissa thought it would be nice if every few years we could take a vacation together. It had been 3 years since our last Kingston and Cavanaugh vacation in LA so we decided this year we would meet up in NYC. I keep thinking back to 3 years ago in LA and I wish that this time in NYC things will go better. Melissa has been a lot nicer to me in recent years.  Her and Wren are on much better terms with each other making Melissa happy.

Toby and I are driving to New York with our kids today. We only had around a 2-hour drive from Rosewood to NYC so it made sense for us to drive instead of fly. The kids were excited about this vacation because they got to miss a week of school. We did make them go to school today and will be leaving right after we pick them up from school today. Melissa, Wren, and Bella are flying into NYC tomorrow.

Toby: What's the plan for when we get to New York City?

Spencer: I thought we would get some dinner, then watch Netflix until the kids go to bed and then just relax.

Toby: You know Netflix and chill used to mean something else before we had kids.

Spencer: On our next vacation we can do the real meaning of Netflix and chill.

Toby: What are you planning that I don't know about?

Spencer: Our anniversary vacation an August.

Toby: I need to know the vacation dates as soon as possible so I can get the time off work.

Spencer: I haven't planned anything yet but I thought maybe we could go somewhere the first week of August so we are back right before Rochelle's birthday.

We got to our rented apartment in NYC. It was a big enough apartment that we could all share the space.  We rented an Air BnB apartment that has 5 bedrooms and enough space for us plus my sister, Wren, and Bella.

We picked up pizza at a nearby restaurant. Watched Disney on-demand until the kids went to bed. I wasn't really in the mood for a movie that Toby and I could watch since the kids were sleeping. Instead, I watched youtube videos while Toby in the bedroom we were sleeping in.

Thursday, May 22

Melissa, Wren, and Bella got into NYC around 1230 PM New York time. Toby decided to pick them up at the airport because they had to fly into JFK which is further away from the Airbnb then NY's other airport LaGuardia. It took about half the time by car as it would have using public transit to go from the airport to the Airbnb and Toby was trying to be the nice person he is. It was nearly 2 pm by the time they had gotten back to the apartment.

Spencer: How was the flight?

Wren: It was great actually. Much better than our last flight to New York.

Toby: I know 8-hour flights can be hard especially with kids.

Melissa: If we had flown into the closer airport then there would have been a 2 or 3-hour layover somewhere and the flights would have been more expensive.