Exploring London

A/N - I am currently in the year 2025 for this story

Melissa's POV

Saturday, November 1st

Today Wren and I are having a family day with Bella in London. Wren hasn't had a Saturday off in a long time but since he already worked 5 12 hour shifts this week he was able to take off this weekend. I loved the rare days when he was off on the weekend. We would have planned a weekend vacation somewhere a few hours away from London but the weekend off was a last-minute thing that Wren didn't find out about until yesterday.

We stopped to eat lunch at a small family-owned cafe in the middle of downtown London. Bella hasn't eaten here before but Wren and I have. Wren and I split a turkey wrap plus a salad. Bella ate chicken tenders and a side of fruit off the kid's menu.

Wren: Is your food good Bella?

Bella: Yes

Melissa: I'm not sure what to do for the rest of the day but we can check some of the business in the shopping area to see what Christmas decorations they have.

Wren: We do need some new decorations this year but we also have to do something that will entertain Bella.

Bella: Can we pick out a new doggie?

Melissa: No it's too soon Bella.

We had only lost Mocha a few days ago in a tragic accident. She had gotten out of the backyard and accidentally hit by the car when Wren and I were on our way out to lunch while Bella was at school.

Wren: If she wants to see dogs there is no harm in that.

Melissa: I can't get another dog and have to deal with loss all over again.

Wren: I think it will help both you and Bella if we get another dog. 

Melissa: I see your point but not today.

Bella: Why not today?

Wren: Your mom is going to start working while you are at school and I am also working so we don't have a lot of time to care for a new dog.

Bella: I miss Mocha and I want a dog now.

Melissa: Someday Bella we will get another dog but not today.

After lunch, we went shopping and ended up buying new Christmas decorations for almost every room in the house. After shopping, we went home so Bella could take a nap. We are going back into the city for dinner and ice skating plus the winter fireworks show starts tonight. 

Wren: Bella really wants another dog, Melissa.

Melissa: I know but I just can't handle another dog.

Wren: Do you mean right this minute and in the near future or long term?

Melissa: I don't think we should get another dog like ever.

Wren: I understand with the miscarries and everything you went through that you don't want another kid but why not a dog?

Melissa: Eventually we would lose the dog to old age or if by the small chance that another tragic accident would happen.

Wren: Bella loves dogs and if we don't get her another dog she might not get over losing Mocha.

Melissa: Bella will be just fine without another dog. All of Bella's friends have dogs so every sleepover Bella will have a dog at someone else house.