Malcolm Fitz 17th Birthday

A/N - I am currently in the year 2025 for this story

Malcolm's POV

Friday, June 13th 

Today is my last day of junior year except I took my finals early and finished junior year yesterday. I am going out of town for the weekend to celebrate my 17th birthday with 2 of my closest friends. We are going camping and going to cedar point. We are leaving this morning because we are driving 7 and a half hours from Pennsylvania to Ohio. 

It's 6 am in the morning and I'm leaving in a few hours. I'm just packing now. Kind of last-minute but it's just for 2 days so I don't need to pack that much.

Ezra: Malcolm do you need anything before I leave for work?

Malcolm: No I have everything I need.

Ezra: Don't forget to take sunscreen and bug spray.

Malcolm: I won't forget dad.

Ezra: Feel free to fill the cooler with any food or drink you want for you or your friends. There is a bag of ice in the freezer.

Malcolm: Thanks, dad.

Ezra: Remember to text me when you get there and at least 2 or 3 times a day

Malcolm: Don't you have phone tracker that would tell you were I am.

Ezra:  I do but I only turn it on when I need to. I want to give you the trust you deserve but you have to check in with me.

Malcolm: Since when did you start trusting me?

Ezra: Since you have been driving for a year and are now focusing on school rather than a relationship.

Malcolm: So if Mackenzie and I were more then just friends you wouldn't trust me?

Ezra: Not true but I'm very happy that you are going on a weekend trip with just boys and not Mackenzie.

Malcolm: I just wanted to do something with friends that didn't involve girls for once.

Ezra: Not that it's my business but does Mackenzie still have a boyfriend?

Malcolm: As far as I know yes but she doesn't like talking about her boyfriend with me.

Ezra: Maybe that's a good thing because if she has any drama with him at least you aren't in the middle of it.

Malcolm: True but what if Mackenzie needs my help and I can't do anything about it because I don't know what's going on?

Ezra: You just need to trust that if something was going on she would tell you. 

Malcolm: It's been a year since her and I broke up and it's starting to not hurt as much seeing her with someone else.

Ezra: You should invite Mackenzie over a few times during the summer. I know you used to like to cook meals with her or just watch a movie. 

Malcolm: That's a great idea dad

My dad left for work and I was getting picked up no later then 9 am so I had to finish packing. We were staying in a lakefront cottage so not actually tent camping which meant there was less to pack.

I didn't have to drive but I was in charge of snacks for the road and also splitting the cost of car gas three ways. I loved driving but not long-distance driving so this is a good thing even though I should offer to drive partway in order to be fair.