Spoby's 10th Wedding Anniversary plus Rochelle Cavanaughs 9th birthday

A/N - I am currently in the year 2025 for this story

Friday, August 1st

Spencer's POV

Today marks 10 years of Toby and I being married. We just dropped our kids off at Toby's dad's house for a week and are running home to do some last-minute packing. Toby planned our anniversary vacation and kept it a surprise for me. The only thing he told me is the dates we are going and that his dad is for sure taking care of the kids.

Spencer: Can you at least tell me the weather forecast so I know what to pack?

Toby: Think warm like August weather in Rosewood Spence. Pack shorts, T-shirts or tank tops plus sandals, a pair of comfortable walking shoes, and swimsuits. Oh and also a cute summer dress or two.

Spencer: Why don't you just pack for me so I don't take all day deciding what I'm going to wear in the next week.

Toby: I will help you pack but you need to be the one picking out the outfits.

Spencer: Are you sure you can't tell me where we are going?

Toby: No it's a surprise Spence but I can tell you that we are going to 2 different cities.

Spencer: That really doesn't help Toby.

Toby: You want me to give you driving time and direction? I'm not because I know you are smart enough to figure that out without using google maps.

Spencer: That would be perfect but you're right, I am too smart and would figure that out easily.

Toby: I didn't mean that in a bad way Spence.

I finished packing with Toby's help and then we put the bags in his car.

Spencer: Did you know Chloe was moving back to Chicago for university?

Toby: Not until my dad said why she was packing but Chloe said since she was going to be studying education and child psychology the university offered her free daycare on campus.

Spencer: I can see why she accepted admission then because the few times we had to use the daycare at U Penn they charged us $25 per kid/per hour.

About 2 hours later and I knew exactly where we were. Toby had driven us to New York City. He parked our car at a garage in times square and told me we only had a short walk to the hotel we were staying at.

Spencer: How long are we in NYC?

Toby: Until Monday morning then we will pack up and drive to our next vacation spot.

Spencer: Can you tell me where the 2nd city is yet?

Toby: You know I can't Spence because it would ruin the surprise.

We checked into our hotel and went up to our room to relax for a bit before dinner.

Spencer: Where should we go for dinner?

Toby: Pizza or Italian? 

Spencer: Surprise me

Toby: I could go for some Italian and we should split a bottle of wine.

Spencer:  Italian and wine sounds great to me.

I changed from leggings to a cute summer dress before we left for dinner. We walked to the restaurant since it was right next to the hotel. Toby and I have gone out to many different Italian restaurants in the last 10 years since it's our favorite date night food.  Toby's favorite Italian meal is chicken parmesan and my favorite Italian meal is fettuccine alfredo.