Chapter 3

Everyone was on their phone watching the video. Paige was in the middle of the room grinning at me. I glare at her and she makes a pouty face. I walk over to her.

"Paige what did you do?" I ask.

"Well I won." She laughs.

I couldn't share the pleasure. I look at a strangers screen to see my friend being beaten. How could the teachers let this go around?

"Paige this isn't right, Lexi already has enough problems."

"Well honey, she's not going to pass the 11th grade so just get over it. Might as well make her internet famous while we're at it." She smirks.

"Paige take it down!" I yell.

"What are you talking about, I texted it to everyone sweetie."

"Stop calling me that." I mutter. "Mr. Ritter why aren't you starting class? The being rang minutes ago."

He shrugs his shoulders and looked at his phone. I see he is watching the video too. I gap in horror. How could he let this happen?

"Mr. Ritter why are you watching this? Why aren't you doing anything?" I ask.

"Because what am I supposed to be doing? The fight isn't happening right now?" He looks at me with a glare.

I walk back to my desk. This school was going crazy, nobody was doing anything. I hear yelling across the room. That's probably Lexi getting into a fight. Then I decide something crazy, I'm going to start one here too.

"Hey Paige! Why are you being a bully?" I yell.

"Is this what you call bullying? Cuz I can guarantee this is entertainment." She laughs.

"Well if you think that you're a piece of gay trash!" I yell.

"What did you just call me?" Paige turns towards me.

"A... Piece... Of... Gay... Trash!" I practically spelled it out for her.

She glares at me and then thinks otherwise. She pauses for a moment thinking about her actions. Then she lunges, let the fight begin. I've never actually been in a fight because I never had the courage to start one up, but I could already tell I didn't like them.

"I'm gonna beat you up like I did your lesbian lover!!" Paige throws a slap and grabs my hair.

"We are not together!! And if we were you'd just be jealous because I would be getting more action than you would!!" I yell and punch her.

It hurt a little bit but the adrenaline drowning in my blood blocked it out. I straddled her and threw punches and grabbed her hair. We were on the ground fighting on the carpet. I was gonna get rug burn real bad after this.

Then before I knew it she was on top of me. Punching. Hitting. I pulled my legs through hers and kicked her in the chest. She flew back and on her feet. I got up on mine. She ran behind me and tried to choke me. This wasn't just a normal fight. Someone was gonna get seriously hurt and I wasn't gonna let it be me.

I took her arm and like a ninja flipped her over. Swung her over me and onto her back, back onto the ground. Then I realized everyone was surrounding us chanting our names. Paige, Paige! Macy, Macy! It was ecstatic, like everyone was waiting for this fight .

At that point the teacher barged in and decided to send us both to the office. On our way there I could see the mirrors in the bathrooms. Let just put it this way, if I saw myself walking through the hallways I would run because that girl looks like she committed murder.

We there and the principal looks pissed. Someone must've got caught us on tape because there he was watching me beat up Paige. And it didn't look so good for me.

"Paige Smith, Macy Windago." He shakes his head after he looks at both of us. "I hope you both know that this behavior is unacceptable at West Valley View High School."

"Yes sir." I say.

"Yea." Paige nods.

"Good, Paige your suspended for a week."

"What?!" Paige yells.

"Yes, you lunges and threw the first hit." The principal sighs. "If you need me to call your parents to come give you a ride I can make that happen."

"No I can go." Paige walks out of the room.

I look down, I can already tell my punishment is gonna be way worse for calling her names. Mr. Callon sighs and puts his hand through his growing white hair.

"I'm sorry about your friend." He says.

"What? You heard about it? I thought no one was doing anything." I ask.

"No one is, there is nothing we can do because it was outside of school property, just barely." He looks down. "She's supposed to be here anytime now because in the room next to Mr. Ritter's she was in a fight too."

"I thought I heard yelling from there." I mutter to myself.

"Of course just like you she didn't start it initially but did fight against the girl." He sighs once more. "You can go now."

"Wait you're not gonna give me a punishment?" I ask.

"No, why do you want me to?" He smiles and I leave not wanting him to change his mind.

In the hallway I see Lexi with yet another black eye. She sees me and gasps. I smile at her and she comes up to hug me.

"Who did you get in a fight with?" I whisper in her ear.

"One of Paige's friends, you?" She asks.

"Paige, she was sharing your video so I called her a piece of gay trash and she lunged at me." We laugh together and pull away.

"Well I hope I don't get too hard of a punishment." She shrugs.

"I don't think you will, you didn't start it." I shrug as well.

"Whatever I'll meet you at the nurses office in a bit okay?" Lexi asks.

"Yea see ya."

"See ya."