Chapter 5

🎧Lexis POV🎧

We only had to make it one more day before we were leaving hopefully forever. I really hated this town. I put in my headphones and turned up the music to block out all the yelling and curses being thrown at me. I see Macy get on the bus and I pull one headphone out. She sits down looking a little stressed.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Just worried, and I'm not sure I packed the right clothes." She sighs. "And you know, the whole fact of running away is a big uhh thing."

"Yea, I guess so." I shrug my shoulders and put my headphone back into my ear.

Not much conversation goes on between us. I guess we are both stressed at least a little. I'm mean I was ready to leave, but I wasn't so sure that Macy coming was a good idea. I mean she was a good girl, I wasn't. She had a future here if she really wanted to and I didn't. She followed rules for me just to break them.

I don't know. I worry about her. She'll miss her family more than she leads onto. I don't really have a family miss other than the other orphans. They'll miss me I'm sure but I'm ready to get out of there. The bus stops and I head into the school. I'm really gonna hate today.

I walk into family consumer science and start my day. It actually didn't go too bad I was almost done with the day. I was in Mr. Sky's class, and it was my worst subject: math. Math was one of the many subjects that I was not very good at so I didn't really care for it.

It was the end of class and everyone was waiting for the bell to ring. Seconds were away and Macy and I were out of here.

"Okay class I'll see you guys tomorrow." Mr. Sky looks at me. "Lexi can you stay after for a minute?"

The bell rings and I and I roll my eyes. Great more lectures after the bell. Guess this isn't saved by the bell kinda thing. I walk up the first desk and lean against it.

"Lexi I'm afraid to tell you that with the grades you have now for at least this class you won't pass the grade."

"Oh I don't plan on." I shrug my shoulders.

"What do you mean? This is your academic career! You can't just trash it." He glares at me.

"Okay first of all, I didn't know my father was a teacher." He gasps at me. "And second of all who are you to say what I do with my career, what if I am okay with flipping burgers for the rest of my life?"

Mr. Sky laughs. I'm not so sure what was so funny, but whatever. I just hope I wasn't the center of the joke because I hate when that happens.

"Well I knew that you didn't really care but I didn't think you were that low." He continues to laugh.

"Why is that so funny?" I cross my arms.

"Because your the rug rat of the students, expected to do nothing but turns out to be the next Einstein." He looks at me and raises his eyebrow. "But to me you look like a-a hmm I'm not sure I'm allowed to say."

"Tell me, I've heard it all." I look down.

"Well then, I was gonna say reject but..." He smiles.

"I've heard that one before." I growl.

He was taken aback by my words. Then he puts a hand on my shoulder. I shrug it off and turn around.

"I've got somewhere to be and a life so if you don't mind I'm going to leave." I sigh.

Mr. Sky comes up behind me and holds my hands. I freeze for a second. What was he doing?

"I do mind." He grabs my chin to face him. "Please don't leave."

My eyes must've been huge. I felt as if I was holding my breath. I don't say anything to the man cupping my cheek telling me to stay.

"You're a teacher." Is all I could muster.

"Yes, that's a fact." He smiles. "Glad you learned something in my class."

I wanted to laugh at his joke but he was so close. Too close. I spin around and push him away. He pushes against me.

"Lexi..."

"Mr. Sky, I have to leave."

"You're beautiful." He smiles a small one.

"What?" I ask.

"You're beautiful Lexi. And I know what you're thinking. This is wrong but ever since you came into my class I've wanted to help you." He says coming closer.

No one has ever called me beautiful before. I always thought that it was just that I wasn't but maybe I was pretty.

"This is wrong, so wrong." I growl. "And I don't believe you."

"Why not?" He looks at me worried.

"Because if I was beautiful I would have better grades, I would love school and follow the rules." Just like Macy. "But I don't. I have tattoos and break the rules just because I want to. I have a nose piercing for crying out loud!"

I wanted to yell and scream at the world. It had given me such a bad life and I was living it terribly. My choice making skills were horrific and I hated everything. No wonder I was running away. No wonder everyone hated me.

"But your tattoos are amazing, I love them." He smiles at me.

"I'm sorry I can't, this is wrong." I step back but realize there is a desk.

"Is it though?" He asks.

"Very." I walk towards the door.

"So just like that you're leaving?" He sighs. "I should've known none of this would work."

He walks towards me and before I know it his lips are against mine. He was a fantastic kisser, but I'm mad he was my first. His tongue dominates mine. I push away as soon as I can get my feeling back.

"What the hell?!" I practically stumble back.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't let you go like that." He shrugs.

Mr. Sky was not that much older than us. He only started teaching last year. He was in his early 20's. I was still in some sort of shock from his kiss. I hated it.

"Why would you do that?!"

"Because I.."

"Never mind I'm leaving! I knew I should've left with the crowd!" I yell and exit the classroom.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream and shout and throw a fit but wasn't going to. Not now, not in front of all these people and show them that Lexi Henderson is a wimp.