Chapter 4

I walk over to the nurses office. The nurse was gone to the middle school. She leaves after lunch to help with the assistant nurse at the middle school because they totally need it. The amount of kids that get bruised or throw up because of the nasty food over there. I mean the food isn't good over here either though.

The room is mostly white with picture and warning posters all over the walls. It wasn't very big but what nurses office is? It had chairs to sit and one of the beds with the white sheet over it to stop germs. There was a fridge and bunch of wooden cupboards with all sorts of medicine.

I grab an ice pack from the fridge and place it on my jaw where I got hit really hard. There was a mirror and see that my face is a total mess. Several bruises clouded my face. There was more black and blue on my face than the normal creamy color. My mother is going to kill me when I get home. If I even get out of school at this rate.

I hear the door a couple minutes later and see Lexi come in. I grab another ice pack and hand it to her. She puts it on her black eye. It was pretty bad and I wish that I could've done more than just an ice pack and a couple of Advils but it's all we had to work with. She swallows the Advils with a cup of water and sits on the bed.

"So how was your fight?" I ask Lexi.

"Okay." She looks really sad.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I genuinely cared.

"Macy I-i..." Her voice cracks almost as if she was on verge of tears.

"What wrong Lexi? What did the principal say?" I asked as I walk over to her.

"Macy, he said that maybe it was a good idea for me to change schools." She looks down ashamed.

Lexi was gonna change schools? How could he say that after seeing me? No I wasn't gonna let this happen to my best friend. We are not gonna be separated just of some girls who have too big of egos.

"No." I stated confidently.

"What?" Lexi looks up.

"No, I won't let this happen to us. We've been best friends for as long as I can remember, I'm not gonna let bullying come between us."

I was gonna stand up for my friend as long as I lived. She didn't deserve all the bullying she's been put through and neither do I. We are just people and just living our lives to get out of school.

"But what if it's the best thing I can do right now Macy? I can't keep getting into fights like this and neither can you. Your parents are going to kill us once they see the damage we've got ourselves into. Maybe it would be better if I left and didn't come back for awhile." She looks down again.

"Fine then I'll come with you."

"What are you talking about Macy are you crazy?" She looks amazed.

"No, the girls bullying you are. Lexi I've followed the rules enough and if following you to keep us together is what I have to do and break rules at the same time, I will do it." I lift her head up to look at me.

I had $600 in a bank account and a $100 in my wallet. I think we had enough to run away and start anew. I wasn't gonna stay here without her and knowing that we could be hanging out, having the best time of our lives. I was willing to risk my academic career, not risking it... Throwing it away practically, for her so she didn't have to go through this.

"You wanna run away?" Lexi asks.

"Yes." I look at her with utmost certainly.

_______________________________
I have a new book coming out soon but I want to get a couple of chapters done so I don't get rushed and everything. I'm really excited to write but I knew I had to get this out too. -Sillywriter4