Chapter 16

👗Macy's POV👗

Malley's has amazing food. That was just what they were famous for. There was pretty little lights above us, almost Christmas like, that shined a nice glow over our faces. Roses were everywhere, making the room smell of steak and dirt. I sit down with Lexi and a male servers comes up to us and takes our orders for drinks.

"I'll take a..." I look at the menu.

"We'll both take wine." Lexi interjects and I looks up at her with a stare.

"Alrighty then." The man walks away.

"Why did you do that?"

"Why not? He can't question us." Lexi continues to look at the menu for food.

"Ugh, fine. I didn't want to get wasted because someone has to take us home."

"Don't worry, I'm not drinking too much. I want remember this unlike last night." She sighs and looks.

I pick up my menu and see that there is so many options. My mind goes completely blank and I can't figure out what I want to eat. I just know that I am starving. The server walks up to us and drops us our drinks.

"Okay there you go. Can I take your orders ladies or do I need to come back after a few minutes?" He looks at me.

"Uhh no we'll order now." I take a glance and order the shrimp basket.

"I'll just take some steak." Lexi says.

"How would you like that cooked?"

"Medium rare." She says daringly.

"Okay ladies I'll put your order in." He walks away again.

I didn't know the man but I recognized him. Maybe I've met him before. But that was impossible, we were in Vegas. There's no way I could've known him yet he seems familiar. I looked at Lexi and she seems mad.

"Lexi do we know the waiter?"

"Yes."

"How?"

"He was one of the popular dudes at our high school, remember?"

There's no way I would've known that. I barely remembered anyone from our school other than Paige. Which I only remember her because we got into that fight. But I wasn't sure what the waiter had done to make her seem to angry.

"Sorry I don't recall him."

"You probably wouldn't, he was only the captain of the football team you cheerlead for." She chuckles.

I laugh with her. Now I could remember Bradley Branson. He hit on me several times and I would always say no. I was the captain of our cheerleading squad, so it was like a total otp of my school mates. I look back at Lexi and she winks at me.

A different waiter refills our drinks and we get to talking. The date goes pretty well until Lexi had to go to the bathroom. She leaves me alone because I didn't want to go with her, leaving me to feel awkward. Sometimes when I'm by myself I feel social anxiety, almost as if someone is always watching me.

Right after I thought that, Bradley comes back. He's got a smile on his face as he delivers my food. He sits in Lexi's spot and I give him a curious glance.

"How you doing sugar?" He winks.

"Fine until you got here."

"Why so sad love?" He laughs.

"Because I'm here to eat, not flirt with you."

"What about the gay trash you came in here with?" He gets up and leans on the table right beside my right hand.

"Oh you mean me, because Lexi is amazing." I smile at my joke and he does too.

"That's hot." He chuckles.

"She's my date Bradley so you can get out of here." I grab my fork.

He grabs my hand before I could. I look up at him with a glare as sharp as knives.

"Oh baby don't look at me like that..." He snickers.

"Let go of me." I tank my hand out of his grip.

"Why don't I take you and your date back to my room and have a little fun, hmm?"

"That's disgusting Bradley!" I stand up.

"But you're so beautiful." He grabs the back of my neck and our lips crash.

His kiss was passionate, but it was all out of lust. There was no love. I see out of my peripheral that Lexi just came out of the bathroom and saw me. I knew she was gonna be pissed and it had to stop now. I push him away as Lexi rushes over.

"What's going on?!" Lexi yells.

"Nothing." I stare at Bradley and walk away.

"Wait you gotta pay for this!" Bradley hisses.

"Not after what you put me through kitchen boy!" I start to run to the truck.

"Wait Macy." Lexi chases after me.

I reach the truck and hop in passenger. Tears almost fall down my face but I keep them in my eyes and wait for Lexi to catch up. Why do people have to be so mean? Why are boys so predatorily stalky? Lexi opens the door and slams it after she gets in.

She starts the truck without a single word and we head home. I don't know how much she saw but it was enough. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. Lexi continues to drive in silence.

"What happened?" Lexi asks.

"Me and Bradley kissed." I stutter a little.

"Okay."

"You're not mad?"

"No because that's not what actually happened." I look at her in confusion. "I saw a look of distress in your eye and I knew that you weren't cheating on me. Plus I'm on my period so I wanted a reason to get mad."

I wanted to say that we weren't together officially but that's a talk for another day. We drive home and put sweatpants and loose shirts on. I pop some popcorn while Lexi gets a movie ready. I spurlge the M&M's in the popcorn and then land on the couch, giving Lexi her bowl. She lays her head on my stomach as we cuddle together to Into The Woods plays.

Soon we both fall asleep together, hopefully to a not so eventful morning.