Chapter 13: "He Promised."

He promised her when they first started dating. He said he would never hurt her, but he did.

"Imani." He said. That's all he could say.

She looked at the girl and saw who it was. His ex-girlfriend, Marie. Imani started tearing up. She wasn't about to run out crying like the rest.

She was finna shoot up the place
.

"Get your nappy headed ass out my man's bed before I kick you in you throat!" She snapped. Marie scrambled out.

"Babe. Can we t-" He got cut off.

"Craig I stood by you for a long time!" She yelled. "When you got locked up for the drugs, who came and visited you? Who was the only one there for you when you came out?"

He stayed silent. She shook her head and turned away.

"I'm done."

While Craig was being dumped, Rayan and Izzy were sitting at a diner. It was snowing outside. Rayan wanted to tell her what happened between Jacob and Rayan.

"Y'all kissed?" She asked in a jealous tone.

Rayan swallow his coffee. "Yeah. I mean I didn't really like it cause I'm not gay, but I felt like I needed to tell you."

She didn't like Jacob. This was the reason. So the next day at school, she confronted him.

"Yo," she yelled. "Jacob, come here."

Jacob walked over to her and she pulled him in the closet
.

"Stay away from Rayan." She snapped. "Why you kissing on him?"

Jacob rolled his eyes. He moved close to her and grinned
.

"Why you mad? Y'all not dating." He snapped. "Didn't you want him to get hurt by Craig?"

She stayed silent.

"That's right." He smirked. "I don't even like him anymore. He's not gay, but I won't let you try and walk over me like Craig does to Rayan."

"Fuck you." She snapped.

"Do I have to tell the school about your brother getting locked up?" He spat.

She didn't know her brother went to jail. Jacob just said something that changed her life.