Chapter 17: "It Ain't Uncommon."

Short. :(

Craig, Chad, Messiah, Chresanto, Imani, Chey, and Izzy were sitting at McDonald's. The tension between Messiah, Craig, and Imani was thick.

"So..." Izzy said. "Me and Rayan are dating. Are you okay with that Craig?"

"Yeah." Craig said, truthfully.

Everyone snapped their head in his direction. Izzy's mouth was open. They all stayed quiet. Imani held Messiah's hand. He smiled and kissed her lips.

"You're okay, beautiful?" He asked in a quiet tone so no one would hear. He really cared about Craig. "You seem...off."

She shook her head. "Yeah." She lied

"You still like him?" He said, letting go of her hand.

"Love." Her voice croaked. "I'm in love with him!"

Messiah clenched his jaw and looked away.

"Why would you lead me on?" He snapped.

She stayed quiet and everyone was staring at them. Imani started tearing up, she was losing Messiah. She liked him.

"Messiah..." She said. "P-Please."

"Just talk to Craig." He snapped. "I'm done."

He got up and walked to the door. Tears ran down her face.

"Messiah I don't like Craig anymore!" She cried. "You kno-"

"YOU JUST SAID YOU LOVED HIM!" He yelled. He calmed down and sighed. "Don't lie to me."

Imani held onto him and hugged him. She cried on his chest. He slowly pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head. She nuzzled close to him.

"I choose you." She sniffed.

"Don't do me wrong." He pleaded. "I really like you."

She nodded in his chest. They walked back to the table. Craig was boiling with anger.

"Imani." Craig said. "You keep playing with me."

She looked at him. "You cheated on me."

"I regret it." He said in a serious tone. "I'm in love with you. I promise."

She blushed and looked down, but she refused to cheat like Craig did.

"Be with him." Messiah said. "Don't ask why, just go talk to him."

She nodded and Craig walked outside. Craig hugged her tight. They don't need to talk. They just needed to touch each other.

Craig finally got her back.