Chapter 2

Havolynne was a quiet girl. She had olive skin, light brown hair, and warm light brown eyes. She was nerdy, sporty, but also selfless. She always gave people she loved what they needed. Who did she love? Simple. Her father, her grandmother, and her friends.

But of course, she cared mostly for the two people she had always had an eye out for... Colin and Connor.

 Colin and Connor were twins, and Havolynne's age, 15. They had blond hair and amazing green eyes. Colin was the mischievious but sincere one, while Connor was the mature and almost "emotionless" one, though really, he just hid his emotions well. Havolynne wished everyday to be with the twins, but they hardly acknowledged her. But she was persistant. She noted their every move. Some say she stocked them, but what Havolynne was really doing was protecting them.

Everything changed at their PE class.

Waiting outside, the twins and their friends were throwing tennis balls to each other when one went under the portable building. Try and try they did, they couldn't reach it. They asked Havolynne to help reach, since she had long and thin arms, and so she came and reached her arm under the portable when a cold chill ran through her. She pulled her arm back and jumped up, with a nervous look on her face.

"What was it?" Riley, their friend, asked.

"A-a-a rat," Havolynne stammered. She looked around nervously and on edge, as if she expected something horrible to happen.

And it did.

Just her luck.

A portal formed and a dark figure emerged.

THIS is what she had been looking out for.

"NO!" Havolynne screamed as the figure slashed Colin's leg.

She casted a protection spell at Colin and Connor. But as she did so, The dark figure threw her back, sending Havolynne sprawling, with a gash wound on her side.

The figure disappeared.

Connor helped his brother up and looked at Riley. He was frozen. In fact, EVERYONE was frozen except Connor, Colin, and Havolynne.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Havolynne struggled to her feet.

"Are you guys alright?" she asked.

"Um...um...what just....." Colin fumbled with words, no doubt in shock. Heck, she would be too, if she wasn't used to this. It's been a while but, hey, time catches up.

"I'll explain as best as I can, but first, you two have to come with me. Either come with me and I'll tell you everything, or stay here," Havolynne said.

"Why should we follow YOU?!" Connor exclaimed.

"Because I saved your lives, now are you in or not?"

"Not like we have a better option," Colin reasoned, pointing out all the motionless people.

Connor agreed.

"Alright, first of all, I need to get out of this PE uniform," Havolynne snapped her fingers and her and the twins were in their normal clothes.

"What the--" Connor said puzzled.

"Let's go," Havolynne said, taking the lead. Colin ran to catch up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So can you explain to me what that was?" Colin asked.

"Magic," Havolynne said flatly, walking ahead.

Havolynne got to an old maple tree and stopped.

"Here," she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

She inhaled, exhaled, and waved her hand across the tree trunk. A portal opened.

Not too bad for her first time in a while doing so.

She grabbed Colin and Connor's hands and walked through.