Chapter 19

"It's been a while hasn't it?" a voice said.

A chill went up Havolynne's spine.

She KNEW that voice, it wasn't masked or anything, it was crisp and clear. That voice....

Then Charles stepped out in the open, "And you brought VISITORS!"

"You......" Havolynne said, in fear, shock, disbelief, and resent. Her heart clutched and her chest tightened, she couldn't believe it.

"A little surprised dear? You didn't think I was capable of such a thing? Well you were WRONG. DEAD WRONG," Charles said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colin saw Havolynne's face pale. He grit his teeth. Who IS he? Who does he think he IS? Whoever he is, he's going to make sure he pays; pay for what Havolynne is feeling right now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't be so hard on yourself dearie, you should've known," Charles spoke.

He's right, Havolynne thought. I should've known.

"What do you WANT Charles? Where are Dove and Ethan? WHERE ARE THEY!" Havolynne demanded harshly.

"Ah, calm down now Havolynne. We wouldn't want you to blow your steam before the FUN even begins!" Charles said giddily with a smile on his face.

"WHERE.... ARE....THEY," Havolynne threw back at him.

"Why don't you guys take a little seat?" Charles said misheviously.

An invisible forced knocked them down, into rock chairs.

Havolynne's eyes widened.

"You see, Havolynne, they are right here," Charles said as Dove and Ethan came out from behind the rocks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charles.

That's who he is.

Charles was the one who abandoned Havolynne, after she helped him. He is the mysterious dark figure that threatened Havolynne. He is the one, who wants him and Connor dead.

Colin was hating Charles more and more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Havolynne felt betrayed, again. She came here to rescue all 3 of them but it turns out that all 3 of them are the ones plotting Connor and Colin's deaths.

.

"OKAY THEN!" Havolynne yelled. "If they are already here, why did you lead me here, huh? Why don't you take them? Not like they mean anything to me anymore," she said with gritted teeth.

"Because that will take the fun out of it dearie!" Charles exclaimed.

Havolynne shot an arrow, but it was burned in mid flight.

"Now, now, there's no need to rush," Charles said getting irritated. "If you want to know, then fine."

"You see, after you left the Magic World, WE stayed in it. We had no use to be in the Physical world. People hated us remember? We never fit in. They always called us names, and didn't believe in us, which is why we ended up in the Magic world anyways. A group of friends, escaping society, and becoming powerful. We practiced everyday, and became stronger. I finally managed to become a Circle 8, meaning I was more powerful than YOU, Havolynne. But it doesn't stop there. You see, Dove noticed that i seemed to have abnormal powers, since she had a surfaced ability to feel auras. She thought i had a Heart of Magic, and sure enough i did. And would you like to know what it was?" Charles paused.

"The Heart of Dark." Charles finished, with his eyes proving what he said. They became pitch black, with red in the center, like fire. "And of course, Dove also detected another Heart of Magic..."

Another heart, Havolynne thought. Meaning one.

"And the person who has this Heart of Magic is the only one who can do anything to stop everything I am planning, they'll be able to unfreeze time, and also move or secure the Fall Equinox Orb. Didn't you know that? Some certain Hearts and Elements are associated with a Season? Like Air is associated with Spring, Fire is to Summer, Water to Fall, and Earth to Winter. Or how the Heart of Misery is only in Earth Elementals."

Havolynne looked at Ethan, who shifted on his feet

"Of course there's the OTHER Heart, but I don't think they'll be much of a challenge..." Charles continued, and glanced at the twins.

Now Havolynne was quite confused.

OTHER?

"And once they are gone, the physical world will cease to exist, along with all those who are in it, and only the Magic World will exist, the world where we all can be powerful, and not bullied around," Charles finished.

Although she knew what he meant, she still couldn't let the Physical World just vanish!

THAT'S IT, TIME TO END THIS.

Havolynne forced herself out of the rock chair, despite the wind pulling her down. She notched an arrow, and shot one at Ethan, and one at Dove. While they were distracted with their mild cuts, Colin and Connor got up, Swords and daggers in hand.

Havolynne dragged the twins and made sure they were behind her, and out of direct fire.

"You are NOT, EVER going to hurt Colin or Connor as long as I am here!" Havolynne said to Charles.

Charles gave the most wicked grin.

"Who says I need them? Didn't you know that the Heart of Pure was only in Water Elementals?" Charles said.

Havolynne froze. NO NO NO NO NO.

"And didn't you know YOU had the Heart of Pure, Havolynne?" Charles continued.

Havolynne's eyes widened.

NO, she couldn't, she couldn't have it. That meant it was...

"Yes dearie, it was all a trap. You're heart is Pure, and you'd do anything if it meant saving your friends. So why not make up a lie saying ALL of them were in danger? And it worked... The Heart of Pure is the one Heart that had power of the Fall season, and so does the element of water... but then I had to consider my counterpart, the Heart of Light, and we ALL know who THAT is..."

"Stay the heck away from him," Havolynne growled.

"Make me," Charles said and in one swift motion, he had Havolynne's armed pinned back, and a grueling sword pressed against her face. She looked toward Colin and Connor with wide eyes.

They already had Dove and Ethan fighting with them.

And all she could do was watch.