Chapter 5

"I'll take the middle cot if you guys don't mind," Havolynne said.

"Wh--" Colin began to protest.

"Just let her," Connor said.

Havolynne eyed Connor for a moment and continued on. Connor ended up with the end cot by the wall, Havolynne the middle cot, and Colin the first.

As the light faded, Connor noticed that Havolynne seemed reluctant to be close to them, which was odd because she seemed to always want to be with  them.

He knew something was up.

Colin jumped on his cot, and fell right asleep. Connor slipped into his cot and pretended to be asleep. Havolynne didn't get near her cot.

Instead, she went outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Havolynne loved the forest: it clears her mind and relaxes her. So obviously, she went on the small deck of the treehouse, looking out into the canopy. The moon was bright and big, but not quite full. Stars twinkled and the soft breeze whispered all around her.

"So can you tell me what REALLY happened?" Connor said, appearing by her side.

Havolynne tried to mask the fear growing inside of her. "Why aren't you asleep?" she said.

"Why aren't YOU?" Connor countered.

Havolynne sighed, "Look, it's complicated okay?"

"Like I didn't know that," Connor said sarcastically.

"Let's just say that you need to be prepared for the worst, and that you need to make sure Colin and you leave here safely. Promise me," Havolynne said.

"Okay, I will," Connor promised. "But answer me this," he said, "Why do you need us here?"

Havolynne bit her lip, "You two have untapped power." She said as she glanced at Colin. "I can feel it. You two have power, and you were being watched. I had to watch you guys carefully before THEY caught you."

"Who?" Connor said semi-aggressively. 

"Elementals. They are worried that perhaps there are stronger, unknown, Elementals are lurking in the Physical World. And nothing angers strong Elementals more than knowing there are STRONGER ones. And of course, it's been a while since the Hearts of Magic arrived...." Havolynne said.

"Hearts of Magic?" Connor questioned.

"There are 6 Hearts. The Heart of Pure, Heart of Light, Heart of Joy, Heart of Dark , Heart of Revenge, and the Heart of Misery. Each one balances each other out. Every once in a while a person will be born with one of the Hearts. And until they die, no one else will receive that Heart. Therefore it is rare. REALLY rare." Havolynne explained.

"So you're saying....." Connor started.

Havolynne cut him off, "I'm saying that there could be a POSSIBILTY that you or Colin, or both MIGHT have a Heart of Magic, and along with your power, you pose a threat to the Elementals who still  may hold grudges and want that power for themselves."

Connor became silent, letting it all sink in. Colin tumbled out of his bed, still snoring obnoxiously.

"i guess I should pick him up and put him back on his cot." Connor said wearily. He got up and but Colin back on his cot, with Colin cuddling with his pillow and drooling.

Havolynne managed a faint smile.

Maybe it will all be okay, she thought.