Chapter 23

After a couple of tries, Connor managed to heal himself a little to a reasonable extent.

He made sure Dove was still unconscious, and he turned to help fight.

What he DIDN'T expect, was his brother to become a huge bright Light, like the Sun became a person.

WHAT THE HECK?

Connor sneaked over to where all the action was. He used his Stealth, slipped behind the surrounding trees and brush, and managed to hide behind the Rock Wall, while Charles was focused on Colin.

But he forgot about Ethan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know one thing about being an Earth elemental is that you feel ALL the movements and shifts on the rocks' surface," Ethan said, as Connor whipped around.

"What do you want? Another fight?" Connor said, summoning fire onto his palms.

"Not necessarily, but i am going to warn you, you have probably an hour left until the Equinox starts. And once it does, know that Charles is going to use everything in his power- which is a lot, mind you- to kill Colin, and use Havolynne to grab the Equinox Orb. And once he accomplishes that, he'll kill her too." Ethan spoke.

"Well why doesn't he just grab it when the Equinox starts!?" Connor questioned.

"Didn't he already tell you that the Seasons are associated with different Elements? Only a Water Elemental can touch the Orb, if anyone else tried.... let's just say it won't end well. And as you can tell, Havolynne is the only Water Elemental here, PLUS she has a Heart of Magic. Therefore, she would be the most suited for the task, and also the one who poses the biggest threat to his plan, since she is the only one who can resume time, thanks to her Pure Heart." Ethan explained.

Connor thought about how he knew the Spell to unfreeze time...

"And you're telling me this WHY?" Connor asked.

"Charles doesn't want you, or me, or Dove. He wants Havolynne, and preferably your brother. My advice is, leave now, and you'll be fine, otherwise, you'll probably die," Ethan shrugged.

"Like i didn't know that already," Connor said.

"Just do me a favor then, make Charles PAY," Ethan hissed.

And just like that, Ethan disappeared, along with Dove.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colin looked around for Connor, but he was no where in sight.

Great, Colin thought.

Colin focused on Charles.

Everything else became a blur as his mind took over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Havolynne watched as Colin became a figure of Light. She felt the power radiating from him, and Charles.

It was a battle against the Light and Dark.

The two clashed into eachother, the Light shining brighter than the Darkness, but the Dark absorbing the Light. Havolynne figured what she saw was exactly what was happening. The two were clashing powers, absorbing and fighting each others strength, and they would continue that way until one of them could no longer go on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charles clutched his arms onto Colin's shoulders, and kneed him. Colin stumbled a little and countered with a large blow to Charles's face. Then Charles would erupt dark red flames from his hands, while Colin summoned bright blue flames.

A battle against Light and Dark.

A battle against Fire and Fire.

And what happens when you fight fire with fire?

A BIGGER FIRE. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

Connor rushed in to help Colin.

He shot his bright reddish orange fire into the mix of Colin and Charles's flames.

Colin and Connor stood semi side-by-side, since Connor couldn't stand too close to Colin's pure Light Form. The two launched their fire and electricity and Charles, who had to fight back with just his plain fire, and occasional electricity.

Colin and Connor were stronger.

They split up. Since Charles was focused on attacking Colin, Connor slipped away and went behind Charles, that way they could attack from two sides. Colin would throw orbs of Light at Charles, who'd throw Dark orbs back, and then Connor would come in and slash out at Charles with his sword of Fire.

Connor managed to actually light the Sword, WITH fire, making each slice ever so more effective.

Fire will BURN! Stung in Connor's mind. What was it trying to tell him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Colin, it seemed almost natural to fight Charles, almost instinctive. Every move the other made was countered.

Which is why it was all really a blur.

Until he realized they were actually speeding up.

"Connor, GO!" Colin yelled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Connor was puzzled, but then noticed that in fact, Charles and Colin WERE speeding up. And Colin seemed to become Brighter, and Charles Darker.

Connor stood back, farther away, but not far enough.

The air became cool, and the air pressure dropped.

Connor became dizzy, and tried moving toward Havolynne. But he never made it and crashed to the floor.

"Connor!" Colin shouted.

Connor made an ever so slight movement of his head, urging Colin on.

And go on he shall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every blow, kick, punch, slice, stab, and slash became faster and faster. Growing more violent and violent. Each one taking more and more energy out of the two. Depleting them of Strength.

Until finally, all the damage Charles had taken was evident.

Colin noted his weaker left leg, and aimed for it. He hit his mark, sending Charles stumbling down.

He was winning.

.

.

.

NOT.

 .

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO GUYS!!!

This chapter was dedicated to none other than Miss Emma for her great concern of Connor's life. Happy he's still alive, Dearie? Better be...

:)