Chapter 25

• Věnováno ALL MY READERS!

"Where do you think YOU'RE going with MY Havolynne?" Charles's menacing voice filled the air.

All the surrounding brush caught on fire, blocking every possible escape, except for the fast-flowing river.

Colin and Connor whipped around.

"She is NOT your Havolynne!" Colin snapped.

Connor summoned fire onto his palms once more, while Colin stayed back and held Havolynne in his arms.

"Really?" Charles said amused. "Well she will be."

"Not over my dead body," Colin grumbled.

"I guess we can arrange that," Charles smirked.

"Not a chance," Connor stepped forward. "You'll have to get through ME first before you even TOUCH my brother AND Havolynne any more."

"AWW!!! How SWEET! Protective brother stepping forward to his doom?" Charles said clasping his hands together like those girls in movies.

Connor glared at Charles, who smirked, then disappeared and reappeared right in front of Connor.

"You see BOY, even if your twin brother here managed to put up a good fight, I still have TONS of energy left. One of the benefits of being a Circle 8 Elemental, you know? You heal quite quickly, quicker than Havolynne's healing I'm afraid," Charles remarked.

"What the heck did you do to her!" Colin yelled harshly.

"The wonders of a poisoned blade..." Charles chuckled.

"What the hell is WRONG with you!" Colin exclaimed. "What did Havolynne EVER do to YOU! What did she do to make you this- this- this SICK! All she wanted to do was come here to RESCUE you, and instead you tricked her, and you were plotting her defeat the whole time. How could you even THINK to do such a thing to Havolynne? To ANYONE!"

"Watch who you insult boy," Charles warned.

"Or WHAT? You'll KILL me? You'll TRICK me into being your friend and helping you, but you'll end up hurting me instead? Because last time I checked, that trick was already played," Colin continued.

"I didn't trick her into being my friend..." Charles spoke quietly as the memories flooded back...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*FLASHBACK*

(5th grade: 1 year of discovering the Magic World; After school...)

.

"Come ON Char-Char! I want to catch up to the faery herds!"

"Can you seriously stop calling me that?"

"WHY!" Havolynne pouted. "It really works! Char like the char from the flames, and your a FIRE Elemental. SEE! Perfect!!!"

Man that girl could ramble.

"UGH! FINE! But shouldn't we wait for Ethan and Dove? I'm pretty sure Dove would want to see--"

"She said she didn't want to go. She wanted to stay at her house and finish her homework, and I'm pretty sure Ethan went with her... You KNOW how much Ethan likes to be with her Char-Char!"

"Ya, ya, I know--"

"SHH! LOOK! There they are!" she pointed.

Gosh she got excited easily.