Chapter 30

• Dedicated to The Birthday Boys

Colin and Connor stood side-by-side, with Havolynne laying behind them. Charles stood in front of them, eyeing Havolynne's laying form.

The stare off ended when Charles made the first move.

Charles zoomed past Connor, knocking him off balance, but Colin anticipated it and ran to intercept him.

It worked.

All three took turns throwing fire balls, and jets of fire, and lightning at each other. Colin would hit Charles, who would blast fire back, which would be intercepted by Connor who would then blast lightning at Charles...It continued for minutes, until something seemed to change.

The Power radiating from the Equinox Tree was fading...

The Equinox was ending.

.

But it seemed only Connor noticed.

"Weak!" Colin taunted Charles as his fireball missed its mark.

Charles growled and lunged. He tackled Colin to the floor. They rolled, taking turns punching each other. Charles's lip was busted, and Colin's nose was bleeding.

Connor Pulled Charles off of Colin, and pushed him against the wall while Colin tried regaining his coordination.

Charles grinned, and disappeared.

All of a sudden, A fiery flaming wind surrounded and circled Connor, who was now stuck where he was, and Charles stood by the Equinox tree, smirking.

"COLIN! Get Havolynne out of here, NOW!"

"I'm not going to leave you Connor!" Colin yelled.

"GOOO!" Connor yelled back, with the fire taking away his oxygen.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Colin had no choice, he had to.

He made his way to Havolynne and scooped her up in his arms.

Colin turned to Go, when Connor yelled something...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Charles turned to see Colin fleeing.

NO!

Charles concentrated a lot of energy into a black, energy orb.

THEY WOULD NOT GET AWAY!

Charles focused and released the Orb, sending it hurtling toward Colin...

~~~~~~~~~~~

"COLIN!!!' Connor yelled.

Colin had no time. The Orb hit him as he turned, nailing him in the chest.

Colin stumbled to the ground.

Connor wasn't sure if Colin was... dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

There Havolynne laid. She laid there, very still, her head laying on Colin's warm chest. His heart was beating softly, but still beating, just like her very own.

She couldn't believe it.

Here she was, laying in pain, as Connor was still facing Charles.

Dangerous, Dangerous Charles.

Just because of the promise Connor made to her.

.

Havolynne attempted moving her hand. Slowly, She managed to put it on Colin's chest, summoning the last of her energy into him, to keep him alive and heal him.

It didn't matter if she lived or not, just Colin.

Just Colin.

.

At last, all her energy was drained.

There was nothing left for her to do.

Nothing at all.

.

Colin stirred slightly, a sign that he was healing.

Havolynne sighed internally of relief.

He will be fine.

.

And with that, Havolynne closed her eyes, and everything went dark.

.

.

.

.

***THE END***

.

.

.

.

.

.

Or is it?

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YES GUYS...

THIS IS THE END OF BOOK 1!

HeHeHe isn't it short and sweet? :)

I have decided I WILL do a Book 2... yet I still need a name.... and it may be a while before I post anything....

I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS SO FAR!

Make sure to check out my NEW BOOK that I started Writing called, "WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS."

I shall post that soon...

And now....

COMMENT MY LOVELIES! For the sake of Havolynne, Colin, and Connor depend on it!

I shall now give my farewells... but I WILL answer any question any of ya'll may have so as I said, COMMENT my lovelies!!!

.

.

.

And maybe a Vote and a Follow wouldn't hurt either...

:)