Chapter 21

Havolynne thought she was winning.

.

She was quick enough to dodge all Charles's fireballs.

He'd throw one; She'd dodge. He'd throw another; She'd dodge again.

She made some progress toward him. She'd send multiple ice daggers flying toward him as well. But he'd melt them with his fire. Then throw a fireball at her; she'd dodge.

She got lucky and hit him with the Ice shards, but he healed quickly.

Havolynne wasn't as lucky.

He managed to nail her, sending a burning sensation throughout her leg. She healed, but not quick enough.

They continued their unprogressive turned attacks, with Havolynne now limping slightly, but still putting up a fight, until Charles seemed quite displeased that Havolynne was still standing.

He came in close, attempting to use his sword, but Havolynne was a quick thinker. 

She slipped to the left, which threw Charles off enough so that she could charge in quick and get a handful of his hair. Havolynne pulled his head forward and most likely broke his nose with her knee. Still holding his hair in one hand, and her dagger in the other, she went in for a stab on his stomach, but Charles caught her arm. He grinned and flipped her over, causing her to land with a 'thud' on the ground and knock the wind out of her. Havolynne's dagger fell from her grasp. He stood above her, laughed, picked up her dagger and in one swift motion, stabbed her side. With her own dagger.

Havolynne shrieked in pain, a cry so blood curdling, but it made Charles smile down at wounded Havolynne, with her own dagger in her side, and blood trickling down onto the floor.

The dark red liquid, filling the gaps between the rocks that lay beneath her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Colin heard the ear piercing scream, he turned to find a still body, laying on the floor, with a silver dagger in their side, and Charles looking down, laughing.

NO, NO, NO, HAVOLYNNE, NO.

"HAVOLYNNE!!!" Colin screamed.

He got no response from her, just Charles looking toward him now, laughing evilly.

How could Charles do this? No, why did HE have to leave Havolynne to fight Charles on her own? Colin thought.

"Did you guys REALLY think you were GOING to win?" Charles questioned.

"Of course! Because we will!" Colin shouted.

"Without her?" Charles gestured to Havolynne. "The light is already fading out of her. She's alive, barely, but not for long," Charles grinned, taking a step towards Havolynne.

ZAP!

Connor came running up to Colin, after sending a bolt of electricity, cutting off Charles's path to Havolynne.

"So YOU'RE the one with the Lightning Sub-Element?" Charles laughed. "Let's see if you're as strong as they say you are...."

Colin held Connor back, "No, I got this Connor, make sure our prisoners don't break free," Colin grinned when Charles looked back to see Ethan and Dove tied up and paled a little.

"Don't do anything rational," Connor warned.

"I make no such promises," Colin said flatly.

And he charged. Charles threw up his forearms like an offensive lineman blocking a defensive back, but Colin slipped to the side, pushed the Charles's elbow down and away, caught his head, and rolled him into the floor. Third of a second once contact was made, Colin was on his feet, watching the Charles's kick fire toward him in what felt like slow motion, and then he jumped to his feet as well.

"You've got skills, punk, but I'll beat you, and make you suffer," Charles laughed, wiping blood from his mouth.

"We'll see about that," Colin countered.

Charles shot fire at Colin, who shot blue fire right back.

Never fight fire with fire son, Colin's dad's words played in his head. He never thought he'd literally have to fight FIRE with FIRE.

Charles stood straight, and focused.

He summoned another tremor, part of his Circle 8 runes, and Colin fell to the ground, losing his balance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ethan regained his strength soon after Colin began to fight Charles.

Connor knew he was breaking his promise to Havolynne, by letting his brother fight someone even STRONGER than her. If Colin needed him to though, Connor would butt in and help.

He never got the chance.

A good sized rock nailed Connor in the head, leaving him with a splitting headache. He shot fire at Ethan, who undid his bonds, by BENDING IT? Connor forgot one of an Earth's sub-element was Metal, which could explain the chains. Another rock hit him on the back of the head. He became extremely dizzy. Next thing Connor knew, Ethan was gone, leaving Dove still tied up, and Connor on the ground, watching Ethan go after his brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charles grinned.

"The deed's already done. Havolynne won't be a threat anymore, but YOU are, Colin. That IS your name, correct?" Charles spoke.

Colin just glared daggers at Charles.

"Therefore, why don't I just make this a little entertaining?" Charles said, again with an evil smirk of his.

Colin REALLY wanted to kill this guy. Maybe he couldn't bring himself to harm Dove or Ethan greatly, but CHARLES was another story.

Before Colin could even dwell on his plan for Charles's death, he felt something cold wrap around both of his wrists, and banded him to the ground.

When he looked, he saw silver bands around each wrists, which clattered when he moved them.

Chains.

Metal Chains.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

************************************************

This Chapter is dedicated to Miss Hummingbird for the help she gave me for how to describe a fight.... THANKS GIRLY!!!! Although i bet you didn't expect it to end this way... NO MATTER!

Anyways, I will warn ALL OF YOU, the next Chapter is a little heart wrenching... :( It will be hard for me to write.

KEEP ON READING THOUGH!!! ==>