Chapter 17

Colin started the fire.

It had just gotten dark.

Havolynne, Colin, and Connor sat near each other by the fire, eating one of hamburgers that Connor made from the Create Food rune. Havolynne had to admit they were good.

"So is everyone pumped up about tomorrow's battle of the Equinox!?!" Colin said trying to lighten the mood. It obviously didn't work. Havolynne's expression darkened.

"So Colin! Why don't we try to do a little hide-and-go-seek kind of thing? We can try using Night Vision and then look for the other person," Connor suggested.

"OKAY!" Colin agreed.

The two of them walked out of the light of the fire, and in separate directions. They had to stay behind a tree of their choice until their night vision worked.

Instantly, Colin got his Night Vision working. 4th circle! he thought. He snuck around the outskirts of light, looking for Connor. Colin may have cheated and saw what tree Connor went behind... but when he got there, Connor was gone! The turd head, he thought. Where did he go?

Connor KNEW Colin cheated. He always does. So he switched trees when Colin wasn't looking and hid. It took a couple minutes but his Night Vision kicked in. Now they were BOTH 4th Circle. He saw Colin looking around where he USED to be. He used Stealth and tried to sneak behind him but he stepped on a twig and Colin Super Speeded out of there. MAN!

Colin went super fast and got a safe distance away from the sound. He headed Stealthily back over there. He saw Havolynne singing by the fire, humming something. He didn't hear what though. She seemed to be thinking about something. No doubt about tomorrow. She will either face the one who had captured her old friends or someone else who wants to hurt them.

Colin got close to Connor and grabbed his hood, scaring the living daylights out of Connor.

Colin won.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Havolynne sighed and looked at the stars.

Tomorrow they are going to face whoever it is, and make sure that they unfreeze time in the Physical world before the Equinox starts and ends. Tomorrow will be the last day until the 7th day arrived, the day of the Equinox. Hopefully they could do it. But it still bugged Havolynne on who they were facing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Go ahead and go to sleep," Havolynne said. "I'll take first watch."

"But you need rest!" Colin protested.

"Sleeping doesn't help me rest Colin, you should know that," Havolynne replied.

She was right. He DID know that. But it didn't make him less aware that she needed to rest for tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colin tried and tried to fall asleep. But he just couldn't. Yet Connor fell asleep easily.

He must've been tired, Colin thought.

Colin watched as Havolynne played with Magic spreading across her fingertips, and silently humming something. Then, when she thought he was asleep, she sang quietly:

Deep in the Meadow, under the willow,

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow,

Lay down your head and close your sleepy eyes,

And when again it's morning the sun will rise.

Here it's safe and here it's warm,

Here the daisies guard you from all harm,

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true,

Here is the place, where I, Love you.

Deep in the Meadow, hidden far away,

A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray,

Forget your woes and let your troubles lay,

And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe and here it's warm,

Here the daisies guard you from all harm,

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true,

Here is the place, where I, Love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the most sweetest sound Colin ever heard. It was so enchanting, and Pure. Straight from the heart.

"That was beautiful," Colin whispered.

Havolynne looked at him, surprised he heard. She had never sung out loud in front of anyone before. And definitely wasn't complimented on it.

"Umm.... Thanks," Havolynne said shyly, and blushed a little.

"Tomorrow will be fine. All our troubles will be washed away by next morning. Don't worry. We'll win. We'll get your friends back," Colin assured her.

"I hope so," Havolynne muttered.

*******************************************

SOOOOOO GUYS...... How was it???? How's the story so far???? Is it good??? I hope so!!!! Comment please!!!!! What do you guys think is going to happen next? Who's going to have Havolynne's friends? Will they make it out safely??? COMMENT!!!!!!!! And don't forget to click on that little star and vote!!!!! It means the WORLD to me!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!