Chapter 10

The sky was getting lighter. Colin guessed maybe 5 o'clock?

Havolynne got the remainder of the blackberries out. She set off to find a bird's nest for eggs.

Colin was reluctant to let her leave, but someone had to watch over Connor, and obviously Havolynne knew the woods better than he did. He sat mending the firewood. He played with blue fire on his fingertips.

Havolynne had little luck. She came back with a single egg. It would have to do. Colin found a flat rock and they cooked an egg on it. Surprisingly.

Connor woke up. He noticed the giddy look on Colin's face, and the way he was looking at Havolynne. Something happened.

"TA-DA!" Colin announced while letting blue fire dance across his fingers.

Connor was impressed.

Blue Fire.

Interesting.

They finished eating their breakfast.

Havolynne put the fire out with her Water Bending. Colin went back to the blackberry bush to pick more berries for later. Connor and Havolynne packed up their things.

"What happened while i was sleeping? Colin seems different, not to mention, knows how to use his fire element, which is BLUE," Connor said.

"I just helped him see the true meaning of the Fire Element. He did it on his own. You should ask HIM," Havolynne responded.

"You knew he had power remember? you told me you knew we both had untapped power..." He said.

"...And now it's showing, yes," I finished.

Colin came back. They made sure they had everything and started off.

One Day down, Two to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They continued on the same path.

They stopped once for lunch. They ate jerky Havolynne had packed as part of their servings, and filled up their water canteens.

Colin's wound on his leg from the dark figure slashing him had healed up completely by now, since Havolynne put a little bit of Magic, from the bottle she brought, every-so-often. Havolynne's side had a scar left over, but she was sure it would go away in time.

Havolynne practiced her Element. It felt so good to bend the water to her will, willing it to swerve left or right, up or down, freeze or not, change it's shape. She enjoyed every second of it.

Colin and Connor practiced their Element as well. Soon they got to a point where they could effeciently Fire Bend. They were trying to kick and fire bend from their feet. It didn't work as well. It resulted in a peice of Connor's shirt burning and Havolynne having to dump water on Colin who accidently set himself on fire when he sneezed...

Havolynne always flinched when Colin sneezed afterwards.

They continued walking when Colin spotted a cluster of rocks, on making a overhang large enough for the three of them. The stream ran right past the overhang so Havolynne liked the spot. Connor like the fact there was a shelter that hung over his head. And after scouting around, Colin found some more berry bushes.

It was a good site.