Chapter 4

Colin and Connor became hushed. THEY DID THAT?

"Well, I least I know what i'm working with, to an extent." Havolynne said.

They ate in silence. Except for Colin's slurping and noisy eating. Connor tried elbowing him but failed epically since Colin had moved so Connor just fell to the ground, making Havolynne almost shoot food out of her nose from laughter.

Havolynne was about to speak when suddenly, the air got colder. She jumped up, touched her necklace and a notched bow and arrow appeared in her hand. Colin never really noticed the necklace before. it was a crescent, a moon. There was a bright, royal blue gem in the center that sparkled, but now it was a beautifully hand carved bow with arrows that had sparkling silver tips. Colin grabbed the dagger Havolynne had given him, and Connor grabbed the sword. A dark figure again swarmed around the outside of the treehouse, obviously unable to get in.

"The Fall Equinox approaches, and it would be a shame to let the world population die. Once the Equinox arrives, you know it will be too late Havolynne. Come stop me if you can, but I WILL overpower you. I ALWAYS will." The figure said. Havolynne stumbled to the ground, her eyes dark, and rolled into her head.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

It was dark. Havolynne stood before the golden Equinox tree, staring at the little orb of auburn light that holds the spirit of Fall. She knew the deadline. Every Equinox and Solstice is a resetting point. A new beginning. If time in the Physical world is frozen during the Equinox, it will stay that way until next fall. But that would have a devastating effect on the planet. In ways unimaginable. Then Havolynne turned around. She saw herself. Fighting against someone, and Colin and Connor doing the same. But Havolynne couldn't tell WHO they were fighting. But she could tell that they were losing. Her, Connor, and Colin were losing. And if it kept like the way it was going.... She didn't dare think about it. She shuddered.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

"Havolynne! Havolynne!" Havolynne awoke to Colin holding her and screaming her name. Colin had been desperately trying to wake her up, and finally the usual brightness came back into her eyes.

"Thank Goodness you're alright!" He squeezed her into a hug.

Havolynne caught a glimpse of Connor behind them, looking relieved, but also stern.

"I'm fine," Havolynne got up, and out of Colin's hug. "Now lets get you guys all set for the night."