Chapter 20

Colin was shocked.

He knew they meant him.

He had the Heart of Light.

He snapped out of it when he realized Havolynne was in danger. He summoned a blue ball of Fire and threw it at Charles, but it was knocked away by a gust of wind.

DANG! He forgot about the others. Dove and Ethan.

No matter, he thought, rushing towards Havolynne. Running to help her, the girl he liked. Whoa, where did THAT come from?

And of course, he completely forgot about Connor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Colin ran off to save Havolynne, he left Connor to do the dirty work.

GREAT, Connor thought.

Not only does his brother end up with some special power thingy, but Colin leaves him to fight two Elementals.

By the Runes they used, Connor guessed they were both 5th Circle, only one ahead of him.

But still, he was out numbered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Get away from her!" Colin yelled at Charles, who seemed amused by this.

With a flick of Charles's wrist, he caused a tremor that knocked Colin to the ground.

Still held by Charles, and little time to spare, Havolynne kicked Charles in the stomach, then drove her elbow in his face, giving him a bloody nose.

"Are you okay?" Colin asked Havolynne as she landed on the ground, gasping from the stiffness she was in.

"Ya, I'm fine," Havolynne nodded. "Help Connor," she nudged and spoke quietly, still focused on Charles as a threat.

Darn, he forgot about his brother.

As Colin threw another ball of fire, he luckily stopped Ethan from slicing Connor's head off with the wicked sword of his. It's hilt looked like it was made of stone, and it had a jagged blade. It looked seriously evil. Ethan dropped his Sword, and held his face, with agonizing pain from being burned. Connor and Colin stood back to back, firing blow after blow, and fending off the somewhat stronger-yet-weaker elementals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Saved by your little boyfriend at the last minute weren't you?" Charles smirked.

"He's not my BOYFRIEND," Havolynne spit back.

"Seems like it. But I won't have him get in the way again," Charles said as he started concentrating to summon electricity.

"NO!" Havolynne yelled as she tackled Charles, and held her dagger to his throat.

Of course, Charles was stronger than her and pushed her off.

Havolynne rolled over, and sprang up. The held her hands out, palms up, and controlled her Water Element, while Charles controlled his fire.

The fight went back and forth, from slicing Charles's arm with ice, with Havolynne getting slightly burned, to Charles dodging arrows and Havolynne dodging sword blows.

She remembered when Charles had found the Sword of Fire a long time ago, and how he left it for her when he abandoned her, to fend for herself alone.  Now Connor used the very Sword, she couldn't help but remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colin was really starting to wonder how Havolynne put up with these guys. Why save them? All they did was leave her, lure her here, and make him and Connor VERY annoyed with their fighting.

From the start, Colin noticed Dove mostly used her Air Element. She never used her sword that was strapped to her belt. The sword looked similar to Connor's but it's hilt was white, and he could faintly read the inscription of 'Air Will Roam Free.'  He also noticed that she was weaker, WAY weaker than Ethan. And of course, even being truly unexperienced, he noted on the poor stance she held. Dove would be easy to knock down.

Ethan however, used mostly his sword, and held a stronger stance. Colin realized both of them hardly used their Runic Magic.

After giving Connor a twin-telethapy mental talk, they focused on knocking Dove out first, then attack Ethan 2-on-1.

.

The first part was easy.

.

Connor and Colin split, Colin on the right, and Connor on the left. They ran in sync, got to opposite sides of Dove, and both shot fire, engulfing her in a mixture of blue and red flames, a truly remarkable masterpeice. Dove used her Air Element to help her breathe, but it just fueled the flames, and soon enough, her eyes rolled into her head.

Unconscious.

"Dove!!!" Ethan yelled. Ethan's eyes turned cold and hard, focusing their hatred on Colin and Connor, who now stood side-by-side.

Ethan forced his palms upwards, sending a slab of rock with Dove on it up in the air, levitating and setting her down farther away, and out of harm. Then he charged at Connor and Colin. Ethan punched rocks at them, and the twins rolled and dodged. They sprang up. Connor used his fire to encircle Ethan, blocking his path in any which direction. 

Ethan couldn't escape.

Colin had his daggers in hand.

"Havolynne's going to hate this," Colin grinned.

He aimed, and then threw his dagger, which caught flames onto it.

A flaming dagger.

It sank into Ethan's leg and he wailed in pain. He stumbled to the ground, and just lying there, admitting defeat, and becoming motionless and stiff. Colin and Connor couldn't bring themselves to kill them. They grabbed the practically paralyzed Ethan and unconscious Dove, dragged them to a nearby tree, and chained them to it with the inconveniently placed chains just lying on the ground. Connor thought it was weird to have chains just lying around.

Colin and Connor stood back and admired their work.

.

.

.

That is, until, they heard Havolynne's ear piercing screams.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

***********************************************

OKAY GUYS!!!! Sorry for the evil cliffhanger again, but well.... ya.

So, there has been this thing going around, with people trying to copy my ideas.... PLEASE DON'T. I have All Rights Reserved, and this is Copyrighted. DO NOT COPY MY IDEAS. As soon as you do, i WILL report you to Wattpad. not to point out names, but you know who you are.

THESE ARE MY IDEAS, MY BABIES. 

DO NOT STEAL THEM FROM ME.

Thank you my lovelies!!!

NOW KEEP READING!!!!! ==>