Chapter 12

"YES! I did it! Beat that Connor!" Colin exclaimed.

"Oh whatever! Just because you resisted that ONE blow, now your gonna have a big head about it," Connor said, rolling his eyes. "Come on! Rematch!" he said.

"Connor?" Colin said lightly. "Where's Havolynne?"

Connor stopped.

Where was she?

Colin heard faint sobs.

"HAVOLYNNE! HAVOLYNNE!" Colin yelled. Colin ran toward the sobs and found Havolynne sitting by the stream, sobbing, with her legs clutched to her chest.

"Havolynne... What happened?" Colin questioned her and sat by her. "Hey, hey, look at me, what's wrong?" He said, trying to pull her hands from her face. Her eyes looked shallow and dark. Colin grit his teeth.

"The--The--The figure, he came back, it said-- something about knowing what it wanted. And i told it to leave me alone, and-- and-- he choked me saying never and then he dropped me and it-- it was gone." Havolynne studdered between sobs.

"Come here," Colin said, pulling her closer to him. His shirt became wet with her tears. He swore he'd make that person pay. They sat there for a few minutes, not saying a word. Her shaking and crying stopped. She fell asleep.

Colin carried her back to camp.

"What happened?! Where was she?!" Connor exclaimed.

"I'll explain later," Colin said, "Help me set up her sleeping mat so i can lay her down, will you?" Colin asked.

Connor grabbed the sleeping mat from Havolynne's bag and unrolled it. Colin set her down and put a blanket over her. Colin couldn't help but stare. She looked so peaceful. Her face worry-free.

"So what happened?" Connor questioned again quietly.

"From what i could tell, that dark evil figure thing came back and started threatening her and telling her about bringing it what it wanted. When she tried telling it to leave her alone, it picked her up and choked her saying that it would never leave her alone. It dropped her and left her there crying.... until i found her." Colin explained.

Connor was silent.

"I swear Connor, if i find out WHO it is, I'm going to hurt them," Colin said.

"And THAT'S why I don't like leaving you by yourself!" Connor started. "You act too rashly. You can't just go picking fights with Strong Elementals Colin, you'll kill yourself!"

"So what do you want me to do? Sit here and look pretty while someone's threatening Havolynne! I'm not just going to let it go Connor!" Colin argued.

Colin's hands began to steam.

"Dude, Colin chill out man. I'm sure Havolynne wouldn't want you to worry about it," Connor said.

"I guess you're right," Colin said. But i'm still going to get revenge, he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Havolynne slept through dinner.

Colin wouldn't eat, which was VERY unlike him. Connor was worried.

"Eat something Colin, come on!" Connor tried persuading him.

"I'm good," Colin replied.

Connor could tell something was bugging Colin, he wouldn't skip a meal for nothing.

"OKAY! OKAY! What's wrong?" Connor said, finally giving up.

"It's just, a lot of things," Colin responded.

"Is it because this is the first time Havolynne has slept in the Magic World since we've been here?" Connor asked.

Colin looked at him stunned.

"SHE HASN'T SLEPT AT ALL?!?!" Colin exclaimed. How couldn't he have noticed it before? She was always the first one awake, and never went into her cot, or mat, until today, when she finally was so exhasted and fell asleep in his arms...

ANOTHER thing to worry about, Colin thought.

"There has to be a reason why--" Connor said, interrupted by Havolynne.

"NO! NO! You can't take them! You can't! Stop it! Stop!" Havolynne screamed in her sleep.

Nightmare.