Chapter 27

Havolynne...

Yes she was semi-unconscious, but she heard every word.

She wondered to herself if she was already dead. She couldn't move, but she seemed to be able to hear just fine. And she could talk, just not a lot.

Too much energy.

Havolynne needed that energy. She needed to save it for when it will be her turn to fight. She needed to save her energy so she could heal faster. She healed too slow as it was.

She wondered if Charles was thinking about the same thing she was. The day they met each other and became  friends. The days they spent in the Magic World. When he swore to always be her 'Friend.' And of course, the day he left.

Left her side, left her Alone.

Havolynne wondered what MADE him turn on his promise. Charles was NEVER one to break a promise.

But a promise is not an oath.

A promise can be broken.

And it was.

.

Havolynne hated dwelling on her past. She hated remembering the names she was called, the things the bullies would do to her, and if she didn't oblige, she'd be shunned from society, from her friends.

She was shunned once, and she didn't need to be left out again.

.

Havolynne also hated how little family support she had. Her mother had left her as a child. And she never knew why. She always wondered if she had done something wrong, something to deserve to be mother-less. The kids at school would tease her about it too. And of course, when the children's mothers came to bring them lunch, or gave them hugs sending them to school, Havolynne was always the odd one out without a caring mother like they did. But maybe that was better for her. Instead of growing up hating her mother like most teens do when they get older, at least she didn't have one to hate.

It saved them both the pain.

.

The only bright spot in her childhood life was her friends.

Charles was the bold and fierce one. He had his chocolate brown hair that went to his eyes, and caramel color skin like Havolynne. His dark eyes made everyone look away. No one could look him in the eye.

Ethan was the harsh, yet kind one. He had long Blonde hair, and he used it as a veil, almost to hide behind it and shield himself from the world.

Dove was the soft spoken one, and quieter, but when she got mad, look out. Her short cropped brown hair and bright eyes showed she shone with happiness.

But Havolynne, was the sincere and caring one, yet she could put up a nasty fight too. With her Chocolate brown curls, and ever changing eye color, she looked like a giggly girl, which she was, but she was also beaming with intelligence.

Ethan and Charles had been friends longer than anyone. In 4th grade, when they stood up to those bullies for her, they had all became friends. Dove came to the school later on, and a spark was ignited between her and Ethan.

Havolynne wished she could say the same with Charles.

As time passed, Charles seemed more and more focused on his strength. Getting stronger. It took a while before he could catch up with Havolynne. Even if she was small, she was strong.

Havolynne wondered if it had anything to do with her Pure Heart.

Even if the Elementary school she went to was horrible, with kids cussing at an early age, suicides increasing, bullying going out of control, she still managed to make it out.