Chapter 18

Colin woke up with a blanket around him.

When did THAT get there?

The warm sunlight peeked through the trees, Beams of golden rays filled the forest.

Colin's eyes darted around the campsite until he found Havolynne, sitting on a rock inspecting her weapons with a bunny in her lap. Colin got up and started walking towards her.

A warm gold ray of light was glaring in Connor's face. He woke up.

Today's the day, he thought. We are going to see who this mysterious figure is, and most likely get killed in the process of unfreezing time.

WHAT A LOVELY THOUGHT.

Havolynne, Colin and Connor ate pancakes for breakfast. Yes, PANCAKES. They ran out of their packed servings so they resorted to their Magic. Colin and Connor's pancakes were drenched in syrup, while Havolynne's had sprinkles and icing on them. Hey, everyone has their own tastes, Colin thought. Colin couldn't peel his eyes off of Havolynne and the little pink sprinkle that managed to get on her cheek. He liked the fact that either she didn't know, or didn't care about the sprinkle.

"You have a little something..." Colin said leaning forward and brushing the sprinkle off her cheek. Havolynne blushed and they both looked at each other.

Connor cleared his throat loudly.

Havolynne looked away shyly and Colin gave his brother a, "What the F***?!?!" stare.

Connor smirked back.

"Um, okay, so Colin, Connor, let's pack all of our stuff up and put it right here," Havolynne gestured to the overhang. "Then I'll just put a Conceal spell on them so they'll be safe."

It took a while but finally all their stuff was in a little pile, ready to go.

Colin noticed Havolynne put a little vial of a shiny substance in her pocket. He didn't mention anything. Colin grabbed his daggers, while Havolynne strapped her silver dagger to her side, along with two large canteens of water.

She used Conceal Rune on their stuff and they began to walk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Havolynne had told them that the Equinox Tree was close. But it was about 11 o'clock and he still hadn't seen anything.

He thought too soon.

Havolynne gestured for them to stop, and they hid behind a bush.

Colin's mouth hung open. It was a GIANT tree. But it looked like more than just one tree. Toward the bottom of the tree, the trunk looked like many trunks, snaking like vines all the way to the ground. In the center of the tangled trunk, was a gap, with a glowing, auburn and golden orb.

The Fall Equinox Sphere.

Connor tried taking in his surroundings. Dead ahead was the Equinox Tree. Off to their left was a stream that seemed to run golden, like the sunset's light ran though it. To their right was a rock wall. It didn't seem very natural, but as he looked closer, there was a rock wall behind the tree too. Almost like it was cutting off a back escape, or hiding something. There were large boulders littered around too, most the size to hide a person behind. Connor had an unsettled thought.

Connor remembered slightly that a Circle 8 Elemental froze time. And that in order to unfreeze it, they had to either kill the Elemental, and make sure the orb is still in the tree, or they needed to be a Circle 8 Elemental as well, and unfreeze time by using an Unfreeze Spell, not Rune, which Connor memorized.... and MAYBE he took Havolynne's book from her backpack when she wasn't looking and studied it all.... yet he couldn't find ANY information on The Hearts of Magic. All he found was that there were 6, and so far no one knows who they are.