Chapter 8

The Magic World fascinated Colin.

They took a path that had tall grasses and wildflowers on their right, and a crystal clear stream on the other. The air was clean and crisp, with the smell of sweet flowers and fresh water and pine. It was fantastic. What was also fantastic was the way Havolynne seemed so comfortable and natural here. At school she blends into the crowd, but standing out often since she's usually alone. In the Magic world, she seemed much more.... alive.

A figure of water was in the stream. A Naiad is what Havolynne called it. The two of them splashed water and had a good time by the looks of it. Until the Naiad stopped. Havolynne's face slacked.

"What happened?" Colin asked.

"She just..." Havolynne studdered.

"She just WHAT Havolynne?! Spill it out!" Colin exclaimed.

"She just- Just wanted to warn us --me-- about an Elemental attacking Water Elementals..."

Colin's face went slack as well.

Someone's out for the Water Elementals? What could they possibly have or done that would make them attack them? Colin became slightly worried for Havolynne.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's stop here for the night," Havolynne said, not really asking on their opinions, like she always does.

Once they stopped walking, Colin realized the sun was already setting. They walked through lunch. They've walked for multiple hours straight.

"Time is different here," Havolynne spoke up, as if reading his thoughts.

"Oh," Colin said pathetically.

"I'll go get firewood for a fire," Havolynne said, turning to leave.

"NO!" Colin yelled after her, "I mean, Not alone! I'll go with you!" Colin exclaimed, stumbling after Havolynne.

Connor didn't know if he liked the idea of the two of them going off together. Not like he didn't trust Havolynne, he didn't trust Colin. There's no telling what he might tell Havolynne. Connor sat on a log and began to wait for their return.

Havolynne somewhat expected Colin to follow her. She knew him well enough to know what he was thinking. He wanted to protect her. She felt grateful, because most people wouldn't bother caring for her, but then again, she didn't need to be protected. She can fend for herself. She always had to anyways.

"So, mighty big stack you got there," Colin said, laughing at her one stick in her hand. "How long do you think that'll last? A minute?" He laughed again.

She shoved him playfully, but he ended up in a bush.

Oops.

"Colin!" She exclaimed.

Next thing she knew, she was dragged into the bush along with Colin. His mouth was dark red. Is he bleeding?! She thought. Colin jammed a blackberry in her face, spilling it's dark red contents over Havolynne's check. Blackberries. Havolynne LOVED blackberries. They were her favorite. They sat and ate some together for a while, laughing at eachother's messes until Havolynne spoke up.

"Let's collect some for dinner," she said and they started picking berries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colin wished she hadn't spoken up. But she was right, as usual. It was seriously getting dark now and Connor would be worried. Havolynne sliced dry branches from the pine trees with her waterbending. Colin couldn't wait to learn to use his element.

Colin and Havolynne went back to camp with tons of berries, a bushel of firewood, and stains on their faces. What was going on? Connor thought.

Havolynne set up the firewood. They just had one problem. How were they going to start a fire?

Havolynne knew how to start a fire by magic, but didn't. She wanted Connor and Colin to start it. They are fire elementals. She will teach them.

"Go ahead," she gestured to the twins.

"But we--" Connor started.

"Come on," Havolynne said plainly.

They stood by her.

"Hold out your palms," she instructed.

The twins did as told.

"Now close your eyes and imagine fire, warmly spreading across the palm of your hand." She said quietly. She knew how to do this. She had asked HIM the question before.

Colin opened his eyes to a shining light.

Fire.

But it wasn't his.

It was Connor's.

.

.

.

.

********************************************

Ooooooh sorry about that cliffhanger. Wasn't that an AWESOME chapter?!?!?! It's my FAVORITE so far.... And does anyone know how to change to rating because it wont let me put PG although it's a PG story.... COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!