Chapter 3

As the trio walked through, all Colin could think about was, well, nothing. He couldn't believe his eyes. The landscape was a forest, with wildflowers and trees everywhere. And Havolynne, she looked different too. She had on an adventuring outfit, with a olive green tank top, a silver armband, black pants, arm bracers, a belt with a sword and dagger attached, a water canteen, a quiver, and a bow in her hand. Her hair was put in a braid with a feather dangling on the end.

He looked down at himself, just out of curiousity, and indeed, him and Connor were wearing something more fitting too. They both had cargo shorts on, those Colin's were beige, and Connor's a dark green. They black V-neck T-shirts as well, and shoes made for running in tough terrain.

"Here, you'll need these," Havolynne said as she tossed Colin the dagger, and Connor a sword.

"Where are we?" Colin asked.

"The Magic World," Havolynne replied simply, again.

They trekked forward.

"Where are we going?" Connor questioned, still dazed by the weapon in his hand.

"I guess I said i'll explain, didn't I?" Havolynne said. "Okay, so right now, we are in the Magic World. Everything you've heard in fairytales and fantasies, they are true. Monsters exist, faeries exist, and evil exists. What happened at school was that someone, who had to have Circle 8 Magic, froze time. And we were so lucky as to being there when it happened."

"So why didn't we freeze too?" Colin questioned.

"I put a protection spell on you two." Havolynne continued, "Anyways, it was too dangerous to leave you in the open so now you are here, with me. Even if you had chosen to stay, I would've knocked you out cold with a slumber spell and brought you here."

Havolynne stopped and gestured to the treehouse before them, high up in the canopy of trees.

"And how are we to get up there?" Connor said sarcastically.

"Like this." Water busted out of the canteen and shot them skyward, and they landed on the deck of a treehouse.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

"What was THAT!?!" Colin exclaimed.

"Well I wasn't done explaining!" Havolynne said back. "Sit."

"First of all, the Magic World also consists of sorcerers, or known as people with Magic abilities. There are 8 circles. Circle 1 being basic, and Circle 8 being highly advanced. I for example am in Circle 7. I could never reach Circle 8.... But that doesn't explain the water does it? See, there are the four elements. Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. So each person with Magic also has an Element. We are called Elementals. I am a water elemental. Sorry, I know this is a lot to sink in... but why don't I make you guys something?" Havolynne went off to the Kitchenette leaving Connor and Colin with gapping mouths.

Connor and Colin sat in silence for a minute or two.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

"I can't believe it Connor. Magic. Real. It's a lot to take in. But why US, why did she choose US?" Colin whispered, looking aroung the treehouse. It was small. With entrances on either side, with one window by the kitchenette. They sat in the middle of the room. On the opposite side of the kitchenette, were 3 cots. There was also a weapons wall, supplies, and a small shower/restroom behind a curtain. The place had a cozy cottage feeling, although they were high in the trees. Colin went to the weapons.

"Colin don't touch those!" Connor scolded him.

"Why don't you HUSH?!" Colin yelled back.

"MAKE ME!" Connor yelled, ready for a brawl. Just then, the flame from the stove enlarged, like it was furious.

"Guys....." Havolynne said half unsteadily, and half amused, "I THINK I know what Elementals you are."