Chapter 5

Jesus Luz as Alfanso Bianchi

UNEDITED

*****

XIDEN'S POV

Pacing outside of Amira's bedroom door, I waited for the doctor to finish checking her over.

When I saw her standing in the rain and the car heading for her, fuck, I panicked. I rushed out of my vehicle to get to her, successfully before anything happened to her.

When I held her in my arms and she began trashing, begging me to let her go, like I would hurt her, like someone would hurt her.

She wasn't the shy girl with blushing red cheeks and a shy vixen smile, no, she was like a kid who just saw a scary movie and was trying to sleep with the lights off.

Once I got her calm enough to look at me I saw a gash on her forehead, blood trickling down her forehead before she passed out in my arms, whispering my name.

After that I took her out of the rain and to her house where I called a doctor to come check on her and get her head wound treated. It didn't look too deep but still, it was bleeding badly.

When I placed her on the bed her grip on my jacket was steel like, refusing to let go. It did something to me.

Still pacing the door, it clicked open and the doctor ushered me inside where I saw a pale Amira laying down in her bed. Her dark brown hair spread out on her pillow, she looked like a goddess.

Her room fits her. I could smell her fruity scent all over the room. It's has white walls, a queen size bed in the middle of the room with white sheets. She has a balcony with a small table and two chairs with the view of the oven in front of her.

There are two slightly opened doors, a walk in closet and a bathroom; there is also a bookshelf in her room. That must be why she works in a library.

The doctor walked over to a chart on the bedside table, "She's fine. The bump on her head wasn't that deep but she will probably have a migraine for a few days. I will prescribe some pain medication for her." He said

Shaking his hand, one of my men excorted him outside. I have the ones that came with me stationed around her house and Alfanso looking for the fucker who did this to my, MY girl.

He must be one dumb fuck.

AMIRA'S POV

My head hurts. It feels like someone is pounding on my skull.

Groaning, I opened my eyes, bringing my hand up to clutch my head trying to ease the pain. Wincing when my fingers brush across a bandage on my forehead, I tried to remember what happened.

Trying to sit up a masculine voice stopped me, "You shouldn't do that." Sitting in a chair beside my bed was Mr. Luciano himself in his regular suit, hair sleeker back and his stubble gracing his face. "What happened?" He asked.

Trying to think back, I answered. "I remember leaving work. I was walking home when the rain started falling and I could hear someone following me. I began walking faster but the person was always behind me so I began running when he tackled me to ground." As I recall what happened I could feel the fear creeping back up on me. "He was trying to hold me down but I was squirming too much and when his grip loosened I kicked him in his.... jewel and when he feel off me I ran away. I don't remember much after that." I told him while looking at the ceiling.

I felt the bed dip and a warm heat encircled me. I felt safe, protected.

I felt my body jolted when the tears came back, and I just cried while he held me to his firm chest. "I was so scared."