Chapter 23

Unedited

Fun Fact: I don't use curse words at all so that's why there are so many in my book.

Xiden's POV

Three days.

Three fucking long stress filled days. That's how long she's been gone.

How long that she was taken from me.

Three days, that i've been a walking volcano just waiting for the littlest thing, something out of place so that I can erupt. It's getting to me, her not being here, not within my reach... not where I know that she is safe; I need her to be safe to calm me and my beast. We need her to be safe and if not then heads are going to fucking roll.

"Sorry boss but it's another dead end." That's all i've been hearing. Whenever we think that we are closing in it turns out to be a dead end. I've tried everything in my power to get her back but it always seems to not be enough. This almost make me want to laugh. A power, fear but respected mafia king who couldn't even find his woman. It sounds so pitiful.

Shameful.

I've reached out to all my resource but they all turn up empty which only serves to agrivate me more. I was a walking ticking time bomb to everyone in this house, her house.

I don't like the feeling making it's way into my cold heart, the feeling of failure. I never fail. I was raised with the mindset of winning, failure was never an options, but sitting here waiting for news on my woman, mine, makes me feel that feeling, and I fucking hate it.

Armanno, Alfanso, Marcello and Alonza along with the twins are all just working effortlessly to find Amira and somewhat calm my raging beast, but, it wasn't enough, it will never be enough until I get her back, until I apologize... until she says it out of her mouth that she forgives me for being a stupid fuck and letting her walk away from me, asking her to walk away from me.

When I get her back i'm going to do things differently.

I look around her room that I am currently in, it's the only place that keeps me calm, that keeps me from killing everyone whenever someone tells me that the lead is a dead end. I close my eyes as he scent surrounds me, relaxing my tense muscles and my growling beast but that didn't last long. "I knew that i'd find you here."

My eyes snap open at the intrusion, my gaze finding Armanno at the threshold of Amira's room, his gaze travelling over her things before settling on mine, "Well you've found me. What is it?" Rising from her bed I left my jacket there, walking out of her room, closing the door behind me, keeping her sweet scent trapped.

Walking down the hallway, Armanno stays a foot behind me, always on my right. "Bradley is back and he wants to talk to you."

Bradley.

At the mention of his name my blood boils, he said that I would get her back in no time but I was stupid for taking his word because he also disappeared, fell off the grid. We couldn't contact him at all. It's safe to say that i've changed my mind about not wanting to kill him because I want to, really, really badly. I'm a man of my word, so I expect the people who I work with to do the same. I don't have time for fucking games.

Not when it come to my woman.

As soon as he sees me walk in the living room he puts as much distance between me and him as possible and that only made the trilling feeling spiked in my veins. His all black attire adding a feel of mystery and danger, the black hood covering his face, his hands covered in black gloves but the pink wig in his hand made me do a double take.