Chapter 10

Unedited

Sorry for any mistakes in advance.

XIDEN'S POV

Leaving Amira's bedroom was a difficult task, her delicious scent of berries and coffee engulfing me, making me want to devour her but I know that she's far from ready for that.

I had to restrain myself from bending her over the railing and taking her, hard.

The way that she submits herself to me was arousing all by itself. The way her cheeks flush when ever I'm near her or how her body subconsciously wants to within skin contact with mine.

Bouncing down the stairs I saw twelve of my men spread out in the living room while six survey the area outside.

I wasn't taking any chances with her.

The person who took that picture and sent it to her was asking for a certain death wish, and I would be happy to grant them it.

Alfanso and Alonza are among the people who accompanied me here.

"How is she?" Alfanso asked as soon as he saw me.

"She's holding up but she's afraid. She might not say it but I can see it in her eyes." I sighed, brushing my fingers throuh my hair, "She was even afraid to go to sleep."

"Oh, that's what was keeping you, I thought that you was finally getting some." Wiggling his eyebrows he was to distracted, before he could react, I already punched him in the gut.

He doubled over wheezing on the ground, he looked up at me ready to say something when Alonza slapped him upside the head.

"You seriously need to grow up Alfanso, I swear you behave more like a kid sometimes." She scoffed.

"With all of you guys always serious and shit, you all need someone to lighten your day up." He grinned getting up, "And admit it, you love it."

"Who was the one who just..." A scream interrupted my speech and I took off running towards the stairs.

Amira.

Reaching the top landing, I saw her passed out in the middle of the hallway.

What the fuck happened.

Kneeling down at her head, I gently place it on my lap. "Amira, Amira!" I shook her trying to get a reaction but she just laid there lifeless.

"Boss." Alfanso said when he saw me, "What happened?"

"I don't fucking know." I growled inhuman.

"I want a fucking full survey of this house from top to fucking bottom, I want to know if there is even a fucking bug in this god damn house!" I bellowed, picking up Amira in my arms.

I went to her bedroom, gently placing her on the bed before heading to her closet where I grab a duffle bag and start to pack some of her clothes but I was too angry that none of the clothes that I was throwing landed in the duffle bag.

I stopped, and hunched my frame at the foot of her bed, breathing in her calming scent. My anger slowly leaving my body.

A hand rested on my shoulder and my body tensed up as I grabbed the hand in a steel grip, turning around ready to attack but it was only Alonza.

I allowed my body to relax slightly but not used to feeling comfortable with anyone touching me but Amira, I stepped out of her hold.

"How long have you been there?"

"Since you attempted at packing." I sighed, raking my hand through my hair. "Are you taking her back with us?"

"She's not safe here. Someone is watching her and I don't know what their motive is towards her. I have to protect her."