Chapter 38

Unedited.

Amira's POV

Fidgeting with my fingers in the back of the SUV with Alessandro and Piero in the front driving us back to the estate.

'It's war.'

'I have to go.'

'Don't do anything stupid like leave the estate, brown eyes.'

'Chinese Mafia.'

'Stalker.'

'Traitor.'

My head is a mess of thoughts. Waking up this morning to the commotion downstairs was not what I had in mind.

After spending two blissful days with Xiden in the cabin I didn't want it to end, but like everything in my life lately; it does.

Xiden woke me up with passionate deep kisses before ushering me to get ready to leave, promising that once I'm done he'll tell me everything.

And everything he did tell.

Bradley's death and then his body disappearing.

Lily's shop exploding the night after I left with her inside.

Detective Gonzales joining the Mafia.

My father......

My father is alive....

My mind is a mess.

I don't know what to think, about, anything.

I turn my head looking out the window, trying to ease my jumbled thoughts as I watch the trees goes by when suddenly there was a jerk to the car.

My head whipped around in fright to see what was happening, my eyes widen in fright when I saw another black SUV ramming us from behind.

"Amira! Get down and cover your ears!" Alessandro swore as Piero starts to drive faster down the empty lane. Alessandro takes his gun out angling his body half way out the window to shoot at the other vehicle.

I cover my ears when the loud shots ring out in the area, my heart racing, pounding away in my chest.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck..... Go faster Piero!" Alessandro bellows.

My phone beep at with trembling hands I took it out of my jeans pocket. My hands are shaking so badly that I could barely hold the phone still to open the message:
'I'm coming.'
Is all that it read and I felt like my heart stop until the car jerks forward again and a scream tears itself from my lips.

"Please no..." I am so lost in my thoughts that when Alessandro touched me I screamed moving away from his touch.

"It's okay Amira, you'll be safe, I promise."

Angling his body out of the car window again Alessandro shoots at the tires and succeed in hitting one. The car spins out of control and collide in a tree.

Looking at the damage vehicle someone emerges out the driver side in an all black outfit, face covered, it's him. The stalker.

Looking at the figure until the car was out of sight, I breath a sigh of relief but that was short lived as I watch in horror when Alessandro gun butt an unsuspecting Piero knocking him out instantly, the car swearving before he grabs the wheel to steady the car.

Looking at the scene with widen fearful eyes, I scramble to get my phone and dial Xiden's number when Alessandro reach back and spray a substance that had me feeling lightheaded almost instantly.