Chapter 40

Unedited

Xiden's POV

Someone is going to die.

Someone is going to fucking die.

Sitting behind my desk, my elbows placed on the desktop with my chin resting in my enclosed fingers, my feet bouncing from the rush of adrenaline that came with my bottled rage.

Rage at the fucking ridiculous thought of him betraying me.

How fucking dare he!

I treated him like family, for fuck sake we were family, a family bonded together by loyalty and the fact that he turned his back on us is him spitting on the ground in front of me.

Disrespectful.

My office door opened as I watch as Enrico walked in, his gaze on the floor. I could sit here and felt pity for him but after the phone call I received from him earlier along with the evidence in front of me; I couldn't bring myself to do it.

A betrayal from a brother cuts deep.

A betrayal by a blood brother cuts even deeper.

"Where is she?" Is the first thing that comes out if my mouth when the door closes and he is standing in front of my desk with his head raised.

"Postiano, Italy."

"How did you find out?" I ask the question I wanted to asked since he called.

"I was driving down E95 when I pulled over at a gas station and was mistaken for Alessandro by a fucking Chinese. I followed him back to where they were staying at. They were supposed to collect Alessandro and fled back to China after they received the parts if their dead members." He paused, "they thought that I was that fucking traitor, and after I got the information that I wanted, I killed them all."

Leaning back in my chair I look him dead in the eye, "good."

"How soon do we leave for Postiano, they will know something is up when they try to contact them and get no response."

"We leave in an hour, go get ready." Nodding his head he turns to leave but stops right at the door, "and about what I asked, I get to kill him."

"Hmn, if that's what you want," I responded to which he nods his head again before he leaves the door clicking shut behind him.

Not long now baby, I'm coming. And everyone that thought that it was a good idea to take you from me will die.

Amira's POV

49... 59... 51... 52... 53... 54... 55... 56... 57... 58... 59..... 60...

The door to the dark room that I was in bursts open and and the only natural light source that I receive from I've been here shines through the door before it closes again, leaving me into he dark.

No....

The light switch at the far end of if the room turns on and I blink my eyes rapidly as the light burns my eyes and I feel them getting watery from the pain.

The black marks that remain from the fire that lingers on the wall of the room, a changing desk in a far corner of the room, a vanity placed beside a bookshelf and the iron crib that I am in that's painted in a light pink colour.

The only things in the room.

"Good morning my darling Isabella, how did you sleep?" Piero aks waking further in the room, coming to stop beside the crib that they place me in. Taking up the dark brown bottle off the vanity alone with the spoon, he pours some of the clear liquid in it before placing the bottle back where it was. Walking over to me he grips my jaw in a tight grip forcing my lips apart and forcing the liquid down my throat and I know better than to bring it back up. I don't want a repeat of last time.

He reach his hand to touch my hair and I try to move back but the chain around my neck restricted my movement. Brushing his hand over my hair, he reach on the dresser to pick up the hairbrush, bringing it to brush my hair, as he's done for the pass... How long have I been here? I stopped asking after the last time I got beaten so bad that they had to bring in a doctor.

Piero, no, Roberto almost lost his mind when he came to his senses and saw all the damage that he had done. He broke down crying in front of me and kept on apologizing before he stormed out of the room.

"How is my princess today?" He asks after brushing my hair and placing the brush back to it's place. "Does she need a diaper change," he said as he stands up to check the diaper that I unfortunately had to used during the night. After the first night he placed it on me and I took it off he placed me in crib with a new diaper and handcuff my hands to one of the bar on the crib. "Is she going to be a good girl and let me check?" He asks coming closer to me and a soft whimper escape my lips when there was a knock on the door.

In walks the Chinese man that I haven't seen since the night I was taken but that what wasn't have me shaking, no, it was the woman that walked in with him.

Aida.

I thought that she was on Xiden's side. What was she doing with the people who took me.

"Have you been taking care if our previous cargo?" The man asks in his thick accent as he walks more into the room with Aida following behind him.

"Tsk, what the hell have you been doing Roberto, that's not how you treat a baby, something so precious," he fake scolded before he laughs. "Why don't we have Aida here change her and let's have a chat shall we."

I watch as the man grabs Aida's hair roughly before pulling her into a kiss, releasing her lips he whispers something in her ear before walking out the door with Roberto following behind him.

Trying to talk to Aida, my lips wouldn't move. I don't know what they have been giving me but it was enough to weaken me but not even to knock me out.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck he's going to fucking kill me," she mutters when she takes her phone from her pocket and take a picture if me and typing away and not long after the phone ring in her hands.

Gulping she answers the phone and place it to her ear, turning her back to me. After a few seconds she walks to me and place the phone to my ear, "Brown eyes..." His voice, his voice was so soft, a whisper, but also rough as if he hasn't been sleeping.

But it sounded perfect to my ears because it was him.

Xiden.

I tried to talk, to force the words out of my mouth but all that comes out is an odd sound. "Brown eyes? Amira?" He asks frantically.

Looking at Aida she took the phone and gave him a rundown of the current situation.

Turning in my direction again she said the two words that send my heart into overdrive.

He's coming.