Chapter 30

Unedited

It was raining all week where I am and there was a rainbow right outside my window along with a shadow. It was so pretty.

Amira POV

To say that Xiden was surprised when we walked out of the destroyed cabin to see everyone outside waiting for him wouldn't totally be a lie.

He was discombobulated.

His whole body tense, his eyes guarded, his face emotionless. The sledgehammer dropped from his hand and clank on the old creeky boards.

"What are you all doing here?" He questions, his voice hoarse and raw.

Looking back out on everyone Armanno is the first one to step forward, "We took an oath to you, did we not?"

"To stand by your side, in any situation and challenges, even if it means walking through hell and back." Alonza says.

"To fight as brothers, and sister in arms. To use each other strengths as our own," Alfanso continue.

"To be loyal to you and only you. To take our own lives before the thought of betraying you cross our minds," Marcello says and my breath hitch in my throat.

I gasp out loud this time as I watch all of them fall to one knee on the hard ground, not a hint of pain present on their faces. A closed palm place over their hearts, their heads bowed, "Giuriamo sul nostro onore di servire solo a te. Giuriamo delle nostre capacità per proteggere te e la nostra Regina. Giuriamo di stare al tuo fianco fino alla morte. Giuriamo di servirti come nostro re e, soprattutto, nostro amico. Lunga vita alla mafia italiana." They said in unison, not missing a word or stopping to talk a breath.

'We swear on our honor to serve only you. We swear by our ability to protect you and our Queen. We swear to stay by your side until death. We swear to serve you as our king and, above all, our friend. Long life to the Italian mafia.'

Elethia stands to the side with tears falling down her cheeks but a happy smile on her face.

They stayed in that position, not raising their heads, no movements. I turn my gaze to Xiden to see him looking out on them, his gaze hard but full of pride. A tiny smile dancing on his lips.

"Rise." Xiden voice was strong and firm as he called his command. I watch as they rise to their feet, standing with their shoulder squared, hands begins their back and feet apart. "Let's go home."

Afanso rushes to Elethia throwing his arm over her shoulder and whispering something to her, she laughs and hit him in the chest and Alfanso plays hurt causing Elethia again as he guides her to the trek that leads to the house.

Armanno, Alonza and Marcello follows close behind them. I watch them walk away with a smile on my face, my emotions all over the place as I watched the display that happened moments ago.

"You okay brown eyes?" Xiden asks as he grabs my hand tightly in his. I look down at our joint hands then move my gaze to look at him to see his gaze straight ahead.

"I should be the one asking you that," I frown.

"Why? I'm fine, don't worry about me."

"You can't just expect me not to worry about you," I said to him, "I like you, a lot sweetface."

Xiden sighs before looking down at me with his ocean deep blue eyes, "I like you a lot too brown eyes, I like you a lot."

He seal his declaration with a toes curling passionate kiss.