Chapter 4

I start to laugh.

“I knew I couldn’t be awake. Am I in a coma or something?” It had to be something like that… But why is everybody quiet?

“What’s date is it? Is it April fools day? But doctor this is not funny.”

Doctor looks confused but he doesn’t say anything.

“But… But… How?” I look at Dimitri. He’s emotionless. OK this is not funny anymore.

“I thought it’s impossible… for two Dhampirs…” I said. My mother was shaking her head.

“Well, it is.” And then my whole world stopped. Of course it’s not you dumb-ass! Then how can I be pregnant?! When the doctor saw all the looks in the room, he held a breath.

“Well I see now, I need to leave you alone.” And he walked to the door. “Congratulations.” he said and walked out. Correction, he ran out of the room.

I’m still not getting this right… I’m pregnant?

I looked at Dimitri. And we stared at eachother for a while. I know what that look ment. I quickly stood up and walked to him. My hands touch his cheeks, I know what’s he thinking about.

“Hey. Don’t you even try to think that way… I know what you’re thinking. And it’s not true. I did NOT cheat on you! I swear!” I say desperately. He didn’t say anything. I can see he still doesn’t believe me.

“I don’t know how this happened. But it did. This is your child, believe me, Dimitri!” He stood there just like a stone.

“You look pretty close with that Theo Timberlake earlier today.” Mother said. What?!

“Theo?!” Dimitri finally spoke. “That moroi, you introduced me with? The one who was your good friend, killing all that free time with you?!” Dimitri yelled and grabbed my wrists hard.

“What? No!” I turned my head toward my mother. “On which side are you! I’m your daughter! And no!” I turn my head back to Dimitri.

“Mom saw me hugging Theo goodbye,” I raised my voice on ‘goodbye’, “He left in Ohio, and I wanted to be polite.”

“That bastard runned away now?” Dimitri was furious. I never saw him like that for a long time. I remember him acting like this with that strigoi Nathan. But then he was a… a strigoi.

“I didn’t know about this! How can you think I could cheat on you! After all that we have been through!” I felt tears coming to my eyes. I pulled my hands out of his grip and I didn’t know what to say anymore. How can he even think like that about me? Doesn’t he know me?

“Lissa help me with this!” I look at her desperately.

Christian and Lissa were just staring.

“I… I…” Lissa was only saying. How could she not believe me?! What the hell, they’re my family for goodness sake!

“I can’t believe this.” I said. But quietly now. I don’t have to waste my voice on them. I felt a tear coming down my cheek. I roughly wiped it off with my hand.

I looked at Dimitri now and shook my head. And I walked out.

I was walking all over the Court with just hospital PJ’s. Outside was colder because cold wind was blowing. But I didn’t care. I felt like this huge fire was burning inside of me. I was so furious that I wanted to walk back and kick everyones ass. Especially my mother’s. How could she? It’s her fault that all of them doubt in me. I hate her!