Chapter 26

ROSE

Of course I'm going to see Yeva. If that's her wish... I can't believe that her time already came. Even though the whole family is going to be there, including Dimitri, I will go to see her one last time.

"Our nephews remember?" Oksana turned around while Ivan, Yulian and I were sitting in the back seats of the car. All of us nodded.

The road was pretty long. But when we finally came I began to be nervous.

Nervous of seeing Dimitri.

"Right after you finish talking, I'm afraid we'll have to go." Ivan said. "It's too crowded today."

"I think I'll stay here a little longer..." Oksana said. I can see she's upset. Oksana and Mark are close to the Belikov family. They were one of the rare people that accepted Mark and Oksana as a married couple.

We were taking an elevator and on the way out of it I saw Paul carrying coffee to his family.

"Hey Paul!" I call him. He turns around and gives me a slight smile. He waits for us to come to him and then we walk down the hall.

"How is she?" Mark asks him.

"Weak." Paul answers.

On the corner I get a surprise. I guess I was right about Dimitri. He did forget about me already.

He is hugging a dhampir woman right in front of Yeva's room.

Oh the feeling... the feeling of someone you love the most, hugging someone else right in front of your eyes... like a tank driving over my body multiple times.

The wish of kicking both of them... I swear I would do it if I wouldn't be pregnant right now.

I couldn't see that bitch's face because she was showing me her back. Two Molnija marks...

"I care..." Yulian repeated Dimitri's words.

"Shut up." I said back.

"Hello." I say when I come closer. Dimitri opened his eyes and broke his embrace with the woman. He was just staring from one to another.

"So... that's awkward." I smile. "Won't you introduce us?"

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Oh, lets not be rude." I tell him. "You know... you'll get that a lot from him... especially if you're younger than him. Then... then you will have lots of lame conversations about being childish and irresponsible and-"

"Don't worry I think I know him well enough." the woman said looking confused. "Kaya." she offered me a hand. I didn't give her mine.

"Rose" I just said.

"Rose..." then she looked at Dimitri "you are that Rose." she gave me a look like she remembered something.

"You still didn't tell me the reason why you’re here." Dimitri said.

"Your family didn't tell you? Your grandmother wants to see me."

That was when Olena and Karolina came out of the room. They both looked very tired and sad. Their faces were red from crying.