Chapter 23

ROSE

"Hey Rose?" Oksana knocks on my door and comes in.

"Yeah?" I say still sleepy. I looked on the clock and saw that it was 5 a.m.

"Mark and I have to go to town. Mark's relative got hurt. He got a concussion  and we are going there so I'll heal him."

"Are you even able to do any other magic than trying to get into Robert's mind?" I ask.

"I just woke up with more energy." she said. "The thing is... because Ivan and Yulian are going to sleep now, we needed someone else to come and guard the house." she said.

I already knew what was she pointing at... "Dimitri's coming." I said. "Look. Don't worry Oksana. Go. And I'll try to survive the day as the only woman in the house." I smiled.

"We'll be back around six." she said. After she said goodbye and left the room, I went back to sleep.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw the light outside. I went downstairs, took a glass of milk and checked the boys in the living room. Yulian looked like he was freezing and his blanket was on the floor. I picked it up and covered Yulian. I heard the backyard door opening and when I turned around, I remembered about the talk Oksana and I had this morning.

Dimitri came in.

"Good morning." he said.

"Morning." I said back. Dimitri had a cup in his hands. It was probably coffee in it.

"As Oksana told you... I'll be here for the day." he said. "Sorry I couldn't obey your wish."

"It's okay." I reply. I guess Victoria didn't tell him about the genetics I have told her... She didn't believe me. Will he?

When to tell him? How to tell him?

He walks to the kitchen, leaves the cup in the basin and walks back out. I guess I won’t tell him now.

I was looking at Dimitri. He was standing a few steps away from the window, showing the back to me. He wasn’t wearing his duster today. He had a black leather jacket on. It's weird seeing him without his duster. He doesn’t look like himself.

“BOO!” Yulian yelled and shook me to scare me. I screamed. Loudly. I wasn’t expecting this. Ivan jumped grabbing the stake under his pillow. I turned around punched him in the shoulder and took a grip on the sofa. I couldn’t breathe. My heart was pumping fast.

Dimitri ran in almost breaking the door.

“What is wrong?” he asked.

“Dude, she’s pregnant!” Ivan yelled on Yulian.

“I didn’t know she’s going to freak out like that. Sorry.” Yulian said.

“It’s… okay. It’s on.” I said meaning a prank battle.

Dimitri shook his head and went back out. Oh, look how grown up he is acting again.

It’s lunch time and we are about to sit at the table to eat. Dimitri takes his food and goes to eat outside. But I stop him.