Chapter 27

ROSE

"If I'm crazy? You just jumped in front of the car! Get out!" I yelled back at him.

"Turn around." he said to the driver.

"Don't you understand?! I have time till midnight. If I don't come there in time he'll kill Lissa and Christian."

"We still have lot of time. And you're not going anywhere."

"Don't tell me what to do!"

"What about our baby?"

"It's Lissa that is in..." wait. Did he say 'our' baby? "Wait..what?"

"Rose I..." he looks at me "I'm so sorry."

"For what?"

"For everything. Not trusting you, telling and doing-"

"STOP THE CAR!" I yell to the driver and he pressed the brakes hard. In the second the car stopped, I ran out and started to walk down the street.

But of course Dimitri couldn't just go. He had to follow me.

"Where are you going?" he said while following me, because I don't want to stop walking.

"I don't know. Anywhere, just away from you. So, stop following me."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to listen to you."

"You don't want to listen me apologize?" he asks. That was when I stopped walking. And I turned around.

"Yes. Do you think that a simple sorry will make me simply forgive you? Dimitri, I was treated as a worst woman ever. I was the one who cheated on one of the best guardians, while he was working his ass off. I was the bitch that ran away when they found out about me being pregnant with my lover. I was the one who made a lot of people's pain."

"But I would live through that. I wouldn't mind if people would say that about me. I don't care what other people say. But you are not other people! You are the love of my life! You are the father of this baby! You are the one that should be believing me when I said that it's yours!"

"I do believe you now."

"Now! You believe me now! What about those 8 months? I lived unhappily, disappointed, alone, miserable..." There were Oksana, Mark and Konnikov brothers with me but... he knows what I mean.

"I know. And I'm sorry. I was stupid, and blind and deaf... And Mark was right. In that time I didn't see how much I was hurting you."

I didn't know what to say or what to do. Dimitri is saying sorry and telling me how he realized, how awful he was acting to me. He wants me to forgive him but I...

"Rose, I'm begging you to forgive me. I can't live without you. These past months were torture for me. I love you. I never stopped loving you even though I thought you know... And all the time I knew I won't be able to forget you, I knew that I will love you for the rest of my live. With us being together or not. Please, Roza. Please."

I was quiet for some time there, just standing there, collecting all the words that he said. I felt how sorry he was, but in the back of my memory I was remembering all of our fights and all the times I’ve spent crying.

"Dimitri... I love you. But my trust to you is gone. I can't forget those horrible moments we spent yelling at each other and I don't know if I'll be able to forgive you."