Chapter 25

LISSA

"Morning, Liss." Christian smiled when I looked out of the sheets. Instead of saying good morning back, I came closer and kissed him. It became more and more passionate but nothing more then that happened because we had to go. Stupid work.

On our way to the office I see how warm and clear the night sky is.

"Wait. What month is it?" Christian asked.

"April." I replied.

"Wow. It's the last month for Rose, isn't it?" he said. I nodded.

"I hate this. I wish I would be there for her." Christian knew how I felt and he took my hand.

On our way through the open hall a girl ran to me.

She looks seven or eight and her long black hair was dancing in the wind while she was running to me. She is daughter of some staff member probably.

"Hello, your Majesty." she said.

"Hi." I smiled.

"I made this for you." she handed me a beautiful bouquet with colorful flowers. This is one of the rare times that I have a chance to talk to the people who like me as a queen.

"Thank you so much." I said back. "Tell me... what is your name?" I kneeled lower so I could be down on her level.

"Lucy." she said.

"Well Lucy, I can tell you that this really made my day. Thank you." I said and took her hand.

She gave us a big smile and then left jumping down the path.

"We also have to pick the flowers and you still didn't make the list of people that are going to be invited." Mia said while I was putting flowers in the vase on my table. The Court is going to celebrate my one year of ruling.

"Don't pick only one tipe of flowers. Make it colorful. And I already told you... I'm not in the mood to plan a celebration. I have a lot to think about. Strigoi attacks, hunt for Robert Doru..."

"But Lissa, you don't have to be looking for Doru. You have people that are doing those things. All you have to do in the end is talk about it on meetings." Christian said.

"I want to." I say. "It has to happen soon, because it's Rose's last month. And I have to make sure that Rose is here before that happens."

"I doubt she'll be here in that time..." Mia said.

"What?" I don't know what she's saying.

"Rose hates her mother. I mean she hates her now after what happened... And her problems with Dimitri..."

"But I'm here. And she knows it's safe for her child here."

"Okay... but I still don't think she's coming back."

"Mia." Christian gave her a shut up look.

"What? I'm just being realistic..." she said.

No. Rose will come back to me. When Victor's brother is dead she will come here and we will be a family. Me, Rose with her baby and Christian and...

"Oh shit. She's not coming back." I realize.

"She's not coming back because of that jerk Dimitri and because of her mother... God knows if she will even continue to be a guardian." I stand up. "I'm still losing her."