Chapter 13

ROSE

Right after I finished packing, they told me the plan. We were going to leave when sun started shining. We were lucky, because the weather was really sunny. I got myself a hoodie so my hair and my face will be hidden.

Lissa and Christian will stay here for the day so I will take Royal car and it would look like Lissa would be in it.

Me and 10 more guardians were driving to airport. Dimitri is in a car in front of mine. With me there is Mikhail Tanner. Then Mikhail, Dimitri and 2 more guardians are taking a plane with me to... somewhere.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask Mikhail.

"To Russia." he said.

"What? To Russia? Are you guys crazy?" They can't take me to Russia.

"Why?" he asked and made a confused face.

"I was killing strigoi in Russia... Probably every strigoi there wants me dead. Not a good idea."

"We'll get you on a safe place. Just trust us." he says and blinks at me. Yeah, that's very calming...

We take Lissa’s royal private plane. I'm starving but at the same time the flight makes me want to throw up.

I'm eating a sandwich and looking at some magazines. I'm feeling nervous because I get the thought of them taking me to Baia at Belikov home.

I'm nervous of seeing them. The last time they saw me was when I was going to sleep. Except for Victoria. And Yeva. They saw me and knew that I was leaving. They will have the same thought of me being pregnant as Dimitri so... They will say that I'm a cheating piece of...

But no. They're not going to bring me there. It's too crowded and the whole family would be in danger.

Dimitri was sitting on the other side of the plane and he was facing me. He didn't look at me the whole flight. He was talking with guardians, talking on his phone with some other people in russian, reading his book but he never looked at me. He better not. Because my look on him wasn't friendly either.

I got sleepy and took a nap.

"Rose. We're here." Mikhail said poking me on my shoulder. I took my bag and stepped of the airplane. Other guardians had my bags. We took two cars and I was obviously not in the one where Dimitri was. We were driving a long way. Soon the city vanished and we came into forest. Obviously, because they have to hide me... We were driving through a short path for cars, the sun was hot on my skin even though it was cold outside. A house was appearing in front of us. I have been here before. The small, well hidden house in the woods was Oksana's and Mark's.

A married dhampir and moroi couple that are also connected with a spirit bond. Dimitri's grandmother Yeva brought me here after Dimitri's "funeral". I though I will never see them again.

We parked cars as close as we could because the path to the house was very narrow and steep. When Mikhail stopped the car I put on the hoody and stepped out with my bag. Dimitri and other guardians were in front of us so I hurried up to catch them. Now I was walking next to Dimitri. I felt awkward. That kiss couldn't get out of my head. And I bet he liked it too.