Chapter 11

DIMITRI

Somehow phone ringing woke me up. I wasn't sleeping well lately. Everytime I fell asleep I had nightmares. I was dreaming of the day Rose left,the day in the hospital when we found out she's pregnant, I dreamt of Rose and Theo all over each other in the gym while all of us were working... So I spent everytime when I had time to sleep, watching movies or reading books. But even that reminded me of her.

I also keep dreaming of my mother seeing me and screaming to go away even though I'm not a strigoi anymore. I know I should tell my family that I'm back, but I don't know what their reaction will be. They don't know anything about spirit or a possibility of getting back from a strigoi form.

I couldn't stay in that apartment so I returned the keys to Christian. Lissa doesn't really talk to me anymore. We only talk about work or Rose. I don't want to talk about any of it, that's why I'm rather quiet.

I get up and answer my phone.

"Dimitri?" the voice asked before I even said "hello" or something. I recognized the voice. It was Alberta.

"Yes. Alberta. It's nice to hear from you."

"Nice to hear you too. Umm... I have something to tell you. There's somebody here in trouble."

"Yes? Tell me more."

"It's Rose."

"Rose? Rose is on Academy?" That was something I did not expect.

"Yes, your Rose. I don't know why she is here, and honestly I don't care right now. Some strigoi came and threatened her to get her and to kill her. She said not to tell anyone but...I'm worried."

Strigoi?

"Do you know the strigoi's name?"

"Eddie also saw that and said that it was Victor Dashov's brother." What? He's supposed to be in prison.

"Robert Doru is a strigoi?"

"Yeah, I guess. I don't know the name of Dashov's brother."

"Thank you for calling. I'll tell it to the Queen, you just keep Academy safe, okay?"

"Okay. Come here and fix this situation quickly. Bye."

"Goodbye." And I hanged up. What in the world did brought Rose to the Academy? I thought she was with Timberlake. Maybe she didn't tell him about the pregnancy. Or even she didn't know about it so she could not tell him... Why do I think about those things, when they hurt...

I went down the hallway. I'm going to the offices to ask if Lissa is even awake yet. I entered the room and walked to the only man that was not busy.

"Good morning, I have a question. Is the Queen awake yet?"

"Morning. Who's asking?" the man smiled. He was dressed messy and he had bags under his eyes. This job was to early for him.

"I'm sorry, Guardian Dimitri Belikov. Mr. Ozera's guardian."

"No the Queen is still in her bedroom." the man said. It looks like I will have to go there. I thanked him and wanted to leave but the man stopped me.

"A letter came for Guardian Hathaway." he said handing me the letter. It looked like he is one of the rare that don't know what happened between Rose and me.

First I didn't want to take it but then I thought... It could be from Robert. I took it and went to Lissa's room. I didn't know, if I should open the letter now and tell Lissa later or to read it first... I choose to tell Lissa first.

"We're going there." Lissa said. She just finished with talking to Rose's father.

"Abe and Janine are coming and all of us are going to Rose. We have to get her to a safe place. Now I'm waiting for an E-mail from the prison. They have to tell me what happened over there. I can't believe he escaped. In a strigoi form." She talked with her elbows on the desk and her face in her hands. She looked so tired. We all were.