Chapter 34

DIMITRI

I went out and leaned on the door when I had to close it. Lissa and Christian were sitting on seats opposite the door. Guardians were already here.

"Is it over?" Lissa asked when she rushed to me. I shake with my head.

"They sent me out." I say and sit on the seat all sweaty and tired.

"What? Maybe I should help." Lissa said.

"She's not enjured. She's giving birth, Lissa." Jeanine said. She and also Rose's father came in with coffee. I took one and try not to fall asleep.

I can hear doctor saying push and Rose screaming from pain. I'm worried. Complication they said. What will happen? God, please protect them.

I only blinked and already I was sleeping.

*

"Roza." I blink and shake, spilling the coffee on the floor when I wake up. But I don't hear Rose anymore. I hear baby cry.

"Guys, do you hear that?" Lissa jumped of the chair. Doctor just came out the door. Everybody including me runned to him.

"It's a boy." he said. It wasn't that big surprise for me but still... I have a son.

"I have a nephew! It's a boy!" Lissa laughed but cried at the same time.

"How is Rose?" Abe asked. Doctor had a serious face and he was looking at papers so I couldn't read the answer.

"Well?" I ask when he doesn't say a thing.

"Oh, sorry, Miss Hathaway is going to be fine. She's just tired. She will be in this room." Doctor said and hand me a paper.

"Congratulations!" the doctor said.

When I came back and entered her room, there were flowers, toys, balloons everywhere. And I was missing only for twenty minutes.

Rose is sleeping in the bed and Lissa is standing next to a baby crib. She turned around when she heard my footsteps. She put her finger to her mouth showing me to be quiet and with other hand she showed me to come closer.

In the crib I see baby covered in a blua blanket with stars on it. My son. He was sleeping and his fast breathing could be heard if I really concetrated on it. His hair is dark and the nose... I would recognize that cute nose anywhere. It's just like mothers.

"He started crying like 15 minutes ago and I compelled him to fall back asleep... He's sleeping like an angel for then." she whispered still looking at him.

"You did what?"

"Just kidding." she smiled.

Rose started to open her eyes.

"As much as I want to celebrate with her right now, I'll leave you two alone. I'll be in the cafeteria with others." she said and left.

I sat on the chair next to her bed and put roses on the night-table. She turned her bed and her eyes opened looking at the crib. She smiled brightly looking at it. Now she turned her head to me.