Chapter 32

Hi! :)

Thank you for all your votes and comments!

Sorry for any misspellings.

Enjoy and please tell me your opinions.

P.S.

I joined a writing group named Arcadia Now. 5 of us girls are writing stories so if you're interested, feel free to check it out. :) http://www.arcadianow.jigsy.com/

You can follow us on twitter: @ arcadia_now

xoxo, J.J.

***

DIMITRI

It's been a week after Mark's, Ivan's and grandmother’s funeral and we are preparing and packing our stuff to go back to Court. Yulian has accepted to come with us, but Oksana didn't. She wants to stay here because she wants to raise her child here in the house full of Mark’s memories. She says that she will make it through and my family promises to visit her more often.

We just arrived at mom's to check on everybody and to take my stuff.

"Hello!" Paul came running downstairs. He went to hug Rose when he saw her.

“Hi, Paul! Look at you!” Rose said holding his shoulders. “How you’ve grown up from the last time I saw you.”

We all went on the backyard. Christian was playing with Zoya and Paul, Lissa, Rose, Sonya and Karolina were watching them, Victoria was helping mom with bringing juice and I’m sitting with Yulian not really talking much. I don’t know what to say. He’s silent a lot. Suffering.

“It’s so weird now that mother’s not yelling at children for being loud.” Mom said when she and Victoria brought glasses with orange juice.

“Yeah, and it’s time for her war movies that she always wanted to watch, no matter what.” Victoria said. “Anyone thirsty?”

But no one came.

“Great, we brought this for nothing.” Victoria complained.

“Victoria, don’t be so lazy! It’s just juice…”

Victoria went to chat with Lissa and others and mom sat down next to me.

“So… How are you and Rose now? After all this…” mom asked. “Are you back together?”

“No. I mean, I don’t know.” I said. Both mom and me were turned toward the loud crowd.

“Thank God, mother was there to open your stubborn mind.” she said and messed my hair up. I didn’t say anything back. I did make a mistake that I’ll regret forever and I can’t describe how sorry I am.

“But I’m not judging you.” she continued. “Two dhampirs having a child… It was known as impossible to everybody… And if we think clearly it still can be, because we all know that you are not a normal dhampir, my son.” She took my hand when she saw the reaction on my face.

“I know. I know you don’t want to be remembered about that horrible time you spent as a strigoi, but you have to reconcile yourself with that. To be honest, there isn’t anything bad by being different except the past that is haunting you.”