Chapter 31

Hi! :)

It's June, and as I promised I have new chapters for you! :)

I have some new ideas, did some exams I had to do and I'm ready to write more about VA world.

Schedule of posting new chapters, stays the same: every Monday and Friday.

P.S. I joined a writing group named Arcadia Now and I am going to post other stories there so if you're interested, visit http://www.arcadianow.jigsy.com/ .

Thank you for every vote, comment, sorry for all the misspellings and enjoy in reading. :)

xoxo, J.J.

***

ROSE

Strigoi grabs me by my arms and I can feel his breath on my neck. Instead of biting me, I hear it's loud scream. It made me scream too.

And instead of me being already dead, the grip loosened and strigoi falls down the stairs.

Standing in front of me is Dimitri.

I jump in his arms and we hug. I was never so glad to see him before. He saved me. He saved us. He hugged me strongly but still gently, because of my stomach. He was smoothing my hair with his fingers and I felt his heavy breathing blowing my hair. It was hard to breathe for me too. I thought I won't do that ever again.

"I love you too." he whispered. He heard me say it when he was getting behind it's back to kill the strigoi. I'm glad he did hear me.

I started to cry. I couldn't help myself. I was so happy to be saved. So happy to be saved by him.

"Are you alright?" he asked me and started to check if I have any bruises. "And the baby?" he moved his hand on my stomach. "Are you both alright?"

I nodded. I had some bruises on my hands and my back hurt from the fall but other than that, I was fine.

Dimitri has cuts on his face and his leg is bleeding but he looks fine. Thank God.

"Where are Lissa and others?" I immediately ask him.

"Out."

"Are they okay?"

"Cuts, bruises, tired and some dhampir have broken bones."

"How are you?"

"Fine. Now let's get out." he brushed my tears away.

I didn't want to leave. Not yet. Dimitri helped me downstairs where Mark was laying. His eyes were still open.

Dimitri and I kneeled beside him. His blood was all around him.

"Do you think that Oksana already knows?" I asked him.

"I don't know, she probably already sensed it."

I closed Mark's eyes gently with my hand.

I'm so sorry for Oksana and Mark. They were so in love. How they communicated through bond, how they looked at each other every day... They never fought, they always agreed in everything. They were perfect for each other.