Chapter 29

DIMITRI

This waiting is killing me. Not knowing when to attack is worse. Thinking of how is everyone in there, is making me crazy.

"We'll save them all." Karolina whispers and brushes my shoulder. I only nod.

"Rose just came." Victoria gave us the news.

Will Lissa be fine? She is the Queen. And a very good Queen. People are starting to appreciate her hard work about strigoi and they are starting to love her. She is a good person and my saviour. She turned me back in a dhampir. She freed my soul and helped it to get control of my body again. I have to save her.

Will Christian be fine? I'm his Guardian. He is a good moroi and a good friend. I wasn't there when he was taken. I should be there. I lost a moroi before and I'm not letting it happen again.

I even heard Sonya was taken.

But... will I save my Roza? Will I be able to save her and my child? I can't stand the thought of losing her and the baby. My lovely Roza. The most dangerous woman I have met in my life. The most beautiful, brave person that I love so much, but so fragile now when she is carrying our child. I have to save her. I WILL save her.

Music of an orchestra just started. I quickly react and I get ready to attack.

"No!" Kaya says but quietly so they won’t hear us. She is higher watching through a hole in the wall. "It's just music."

"Strigoi are fast. I think we should still go in and attack-"

"No, Dimitri-" Karolina says.

"-until it's too late!"

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Rose yelled. Now is the time. Without even looking if Kaya said anything I ran and others behind me.

I didn’t even look for strigoi. I am going to run till I see them.

And there they were. In a big ball room. Rose just turned around to see what is going on. Lissa, Christian and Sonya are tight on chairs looking awful. Robert is standing behind Lissa. And all I can think of right now, is killing that bastard.

In the next second strigoi were coming from every corner of the room. There were more strigoi then dhampir. I hope we'll make it through. I hope they are not old and strong...

Rose and I looked at each other and that's when I felt big relief from seeing her alright. I will save you. Both. I swear.

I wanted to finish that Robert off first, but captures were in danger. Strigoi were getting closer to them and I could see that they want to feed on them. I run closer and finish one strigoi with little effort. A new one probably.

The other was harder to kill. He was stronger. But he was very hungry. Strigoi was going for my neck all the time. It looks like it didn't feed for a long time. Robert wanted them to fight more.

I let him bite my neck but in the next secont of it liking the blood, it relaxed and it was my turn. I pushed it on the table and by his surprise quickly pushed the stake in its chest, through its heart.

When I stand back up I see Robert talking to Rose. This is the time.

"ROBERT!" I yell. He turns around. I was so pissed that I didn't run to fight him, throwing a stake was enough. The stake wasn't deep enough. It only made him to fall on his knees and scream loudly from pain.

I get closer now thinking of all that horror that he has done. I punch him in the face and push the stake deeper in his heart.

IVAN