Chapter 35

ROSE

The clock is ticking and we have to make sure all of us girls are ready for the long walk.

“Lissa, don’t forget to put you grandmother’s bracelet on!” and she already walked out her wardrobe, with two designers, made my eyes hurt because sun was shining on her wedding dress.

Even though that sunlight wouldn’t tease my eyes, they would become watery anyway seeing her like that. Now I know how she felt when she saw me on my day.

“You’re so beautiful.” I say.

“Thank you Rose!” and she runs to me. We hug and I can feel her shaking.

Her dress is a ball gown, with beautiful lacing in the front and queen anne top, with lacing on her shoulders. Green emerald cloak was dragging behind her. Her green emerald crown was holding her veil streaching to her elbows wavy on the edge (it wasn’t covering her face).

Something old, is that bracelet I reminded her before. Her mother was wearing it, her grandmother and so on… It’s some kind Dragomir’s tradicion. It’s special because there’s one royal blue crystal on it, that’s why something blue was also filled in.

Something new, is of course her dress and she borrowed earrings and a necklace (also emerald) from Jill.

Jill, Mia and Sonya run to us to comment her dress. We are the bridesmaids. All of us are wearing simple long emerald dresses. I was forced though. Being so comfortable in my uniform made me feel weird putting a dress on.

Somebody knocks on the door.

“I’ll open!” I say and run. I open it carefully, watching if maybe Christian would be trying to get in. But the one who came were my handsome guardians. Well one is a future guardian.

“Well, don’t you both look dashing! Come here my dear!” I streach my hands and take Mark Mason. He likes to be carried by me because I spent the most time with him. I kiss Dimitri and all three of us walk in. Dimitri is going to escort Lissa to the altar.

“Where is my little princ.” Lissa gets all happy when she sees Mark Mason.

“You look amazing, Lissa.” he said and then looks to all the women in the room “You all are.” All of them thanked and then he said, “Ready?”

“No. I think I’m going to throw up.” Lissa says.

“You will do great up there.” I try to encourage her. “It’s your day today. And be happy. I’m so proud on you.” and we hug again, squashing Mark in between.

Mom knocks the door and tells us that it’s time. She takes Mark Mason and walks out with flower girls following.

Right before us bridesmaids were about to walk down through the chapel I turn around to look at the persons I love the most in my life. Mark Mason was in moms arms streching his hands towards me wanting me to carry him (I really need to make him stop doing that… he’s three already), Dimitri’s head was turned towards Lissa and she was nervously looking towards me still listening to Dimitri. I could see her boquette shaking in her hands. We smile to eachother and it’s time for us to walk.

When I entered the chapel I look at the high wall and I see Dragomir flags hanging down, people standing on the balconies looking at us, sunshine brightening through windows… Then my look goes towards and I become nervous. The room was full with people standing, some of them moving on the melody of the march. I didn’t marry in a chapel and not that many people were invited and that’s the reason that probably made me feel like my wedding all over again. And the memory came up.